Poll: Should teams be penalized for turning down games?
Yes- I'm not scurrred
No - my name rhymes with bagina
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 v 2 cancels
01-31-2013, 03:43 AM
2 v 2 cancels
I am getting fed up with people canceling on us. I'm not here to call out anybody, but it is ridiculous that you can cancel as the third or fourth player with no benefit to the other team or detriment to yourself. It is one thing to cancel if you are entering your third or fourth match against the same group, but we are having teams refusing to play us at all.

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 03:53 AM
RE: 2 v 2 cancels
I don't think a team should be penalized, but that the team needs to come to consensus about a forfeiture. If someone chooses not to play, then in four days they lose anyway.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-31-2013, 03:55 AM
I'm fine with people canceling us if we're already in a game with them. I mean, I don't blame them not wanting to lose twice Tongue
01-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Whether or not it's okay isn't the question, the question is how would you have the system work instead?

Perhaps the opposing player names should be hidden until the game starts? That might be a fix the devs could consider.
01-31-2013, 08:43 AM
(01-31-2013 05:50 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Whether or not it's okay isn't the question, the question is how would you have the system work instead?

Perhaps the opposing player names should be hidden until the game starts? That might be a fix the devs could consider.

Yeah! Cause it's always scary to play against two ninjas!!! That's the main reason we always forfeit games with them! Smile)))))
01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Why shouldnt teams be penalized? If a team forfeits it should count as a loss. To be the best you have to beat the best. This is the same as P1 quitting in 1v1 because they didnt get the map they like.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
01-31-2013, 10:40 AM
Haha! Burnodrod we had just gone 12 of 13 games before you took two in a row from us. Y'all are unparalleled for surprise usage of specials. You guys have been kicking our ass

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
(01-31-2013 09:52 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Why shouldnt teams be penalized? If a team forfeits it should count as a loss. To be the best you have to beat the best. This is the same as P1 quitting in 1v1 because they didnt get the map they like.

It's not forfeiting. It sounds like your describing the give up button. I may be wrong, but I don't think you get it.

When my partner invites me to a game and I'm P4, I can see who we're up against. If I decline the invitation, the game doesn't happen because we “forfeited"

I will, and I do, decline invitations if we're up against a team 4 or more times in a row, especially if its on the same map. The main reason is because the other team can delay all games except one to view our strategy. Master league 2v2 teams, and even gifted, will do anything to win Tongue

Now I'm curious if people who decline your games, myninja527, are already in a game with you. If not, then they are scared Tongue
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013 10:52 AM by CombatEX.)
I haven't heard of people quitting to avoid players and I don't think that's the primary reason (though it's possible). A more compelling reason to quit a game that I can see is to pick which map you want or to be P1 (since there is still no FTA fix in 2v2 for some reason). My teammate and I never do this, but I do get fed up with being P2/P4 most games.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013 10:54 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
I'm scared playing against the ninjas, but I have won against them once before with my other partner. Although, CCM is not my favorite map.

GC: Great Wolf Sif