Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
Bug Report Thread
07-17-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: Bug Report Thread
(07-17-2012 09:11 AM)edouard1976 Wrote:  Not able to invite a friend to play against me

I think it's a bug:

I like the game but I thought I would liked it more learning the game with some friends of mine, who I have challenged to join me on Outwitters !
I gave a try with one friend first:
1) my friend is in my Game Center friends list
2) I go to Friendly Game
3) I Create a game
4) I touch the Game Center Invite button and select my friend's name
I get the following message popup which sounds wrong to me because my friend does have the game installed on his device (I can see it in Game Center, I get the list the games he owns/plays):
"Player name not found in Outwitters userbase. Invite them to join in on the fun!"

What is the solution ? Thks for your help.

I had that problem when I tried to play with my brother the first time, he had the game installed but he never opened it nor created a username within the game, hence he wasn't in the Outwitters userbase. Maybe your friend hasn't done that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 09:57 PM by gfNacho.)
I'm appearing twice in the ranks,
First, I was twice in the clever league, and the points of every game were going to the highest position, (the other position got stuck with 13 points)
But now i had a promotion to gifted league, and now all the points are going to the clever league position, (so my points at the gifted league are the same as when I got the promotion)...
It's quite anoying to have to play the double as intended to get positions at the leagues...
07-18-2012, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 05:58 PM by drewan.)
For one of my games, the other person hasn't responded yet, and it's already been 5 days (all games time out after 4 days of inactivity). Shouldn't it be timed out by now?

I attached a screenshot of it here

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-18-2012, 07:37 PM
(07-18-2012 05:48 PM)drewan Wrote:  For one of my games, the other person hasn't responded yet, and it's already been 5 days (all games time out after 4 days of inactivity). Shouldn't it be timed out by now?

I attached a screenshot of it here

The server does his house cleaning at midnight PST (if I remember correctly). What you describe is therefore possible and will be resolved in a few hours. Don't panic.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-19-2012, 12:35 AM
(07-17-2012 05:02 PM)gfNacho Wrote:  I'm appearing twice in the ranks,
First, I was twice in the clever league, and the points of every game were going to the highest position, (the other position got stuck with 13 points)
But now i had a promotion to gifted league, and now all the points are going to the clever league position, (so my points at the gifted league are the same as when I got the promotion)...
It's quite anoying to have to play the double as intended to get positions at the leagues...

I got a promotion with my "clever account" to gifted leage, and again new points are going to the highest ranked "account" (both are now on gifted league, but different lists)
07-19-2012, 02:51 AM
The game crashes after I attempt to start a new league game and get the "our servers can't handle your warmongering" message. It freezes for a second once the message pops up, and then force quits.
07-19-2012, 03:53 AM
A couple of times I was matched up with the same opponent 4 or 5 times in a row. I like running into the same opponent over and over but playing 5 games simultaneously feels weird.
07-19-2012, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 08:21 AM by E!NSTE!N.)
My iPhone (3Gs) crashed (most probably because of a very weak battery) when I was just playing Outwitters. After rebooting, Outwitters didn't work anymore. The app crashed reproducable immediately after it had been started.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. And now I too get the error message "Error Joining Game: This turn has already been started on another device. You'll have to finish it there."

A way to continue these games would be very welcome.
07-19-2012, 09:43 AM
(07-19-2012 08:01 AM)E!NSTE!N Wrote:  My iPhone (3Gs) crashed (most probably because of a very weak battery) when I was just playing Outwitters. After rebooting, Outwitters didn't work anymore. The app crashed reproducable immediately after it had been started.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. And now I too get the error message "Error Joining Game: This turn has already been started on another device. You'll have to finish it there."

A way to continue these games would be very welcome.

should be cleared up in a few minutes.
07-19-2012, 02:43 PM
When the little gnomes steal your game, you have to force quit and re-open outwitters to be able to do anything.

Also, occasionally when I open Outwitters from a notification, it gets stuck at the spinny hexagon loading game icon.