Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stalling solution
01-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Stalling solution
I was thinking, in Facebook, you don't know if someone actually read your message or not, until you see them do something. If you see them post something, then you know they are ignoring your message. At least sort of know.

If we knew people were playing other games, not just our own, then we would know (sort of) if they're stalling, or just not logged in as often as we are. It wouldn't directly address stalling (like the 5 day rule) but it would indirectly solve it I suspect. Or help.

So oml could just allow peoples profile to show when their last log in was, maybe. There's better solutions I'm sure, but along this line would help the problem.

I suspect a lot of "stalling" is just being busy, vacation, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 12:08 PM
RE: Stalling solution
you dont know most of your opponents personally so i dont think it would matter to them if you knew they logged in

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-29-2013, 12:14 PM
I personally like the idea of 48 hours being the max, especially for league games. You reach your max game count quickly when people take the low road and stall along with the naturally inactive folk you will always have in games.

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
01-29-2013, 01:13 PM
(01-29-2013 12:14 PM)Bulby37 Wrote:  I personally like the idea of 48 hours being the max, especially for league games. You reach your max game count quickly when people take the low road and stall along with the naturally inactive folk you will always have in games.

...game design that encourages a purchase, to get the 20 game slots. ;-)
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Even with 20, they fill up quickly if you happen to come across stallers. Since you brought it up, one of the more appealing things about this game to me is the fact that the devs didn't compromise their vision to make a money sink out of the game. I see the 4 day limit as the devs being a bit too kind and forgiving of casual players than a ploy for cash.

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
If I was a game designer, id rather be kind and forgiving to the casual players, than have only the hardcore players playing the game. Games become too serious if everyone playing is a "hardcore"player.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Perhaps that's why they keep people in fluffy and clever? More fun, less stress?