Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
01-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
Maybe it's not necessary to open a thread for this, but since there is no user report place.. ^^

I've just won a game in foundry in 10 turns (not officialy, but my opponent can't do anything), and I said "gg, I had to think a lot to decide what to do! Tongue"
He answered "su** a di**" (I guess you understood) and seemingly doesn't want to let me the win, he says something but doesn't play anymore.

What to do against this kind of bad players? It doesn't rly matter, but it's quite annoying. I can give a screenshot if necessary.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 06:50 AM by EkoFox.)
RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
I don't know if there are any official rules about bad language, but if he just chooses not to play, you'll still get the win in 4 days, so I'm not sure what he thinks he's accomplishing by refusing to play.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
01-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Next time don't gg till the game ends Wink

Also, I'm pretty sure you can report players by contacting the devs. There's a link for that around here somewhere.
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 10:26 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
You're MagicGuy! I wanted say some not so nice things when you beat me! Tongue
It's ok though because we are paired again on the same map as the same people. Wink
Also, I hardly ever say GG. Mostly due to apathy.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-25-2013, 01:04 PM
I say "Gg" early, but only when my opponent is going to win next turn. That way, they know that I am a well adjusted individual who is capable of differentiating between my imperfect Outwitters skill and my value as a human being, and they needn't feel bad about beating me, because I don't feel bad for losing. Some people are not capable of doing this, and saying rude things is their means of responding to the anxiety caused them by this incapacity.

Um... I mean... try not to let it get to you. At least you won! Smile Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Some internet people hate when the winner says "gg" first, because they think it is taunting or gloating. That's the internet custom.
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
(01-25-2013 01:04 PM)Erenan Wrote:  I say "Gg" early, but only when my opponent is going to win next turn. That way, they know that I am a well adjusted individual who is capable of differentiating between my imperfect Outwitters skill and my value as a human being, and they needn't feel bad about beating me, because I don't feel bad for losing. Some people are not capable of doing this, and saying rude things is their means of responding to the anxiety caused them by this incapacity.

Um... I mean... try not to let it get to you. At least you won! Smile Tongue

This is exactly what I do!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

01-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I used to "gg" (Actually I "Good Game"d) and Resign when I was going to lose the next turn, but then I got comments like "Why'd you give up? You still could have won." and I had to actually explain to them how they could have won. Now I never assume they know they can win. Tongue

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Ya, Ive had a person tell me GG the turn before they won, pissed me off, wait until you actually win or when I give up, but Im not gonna cuss them out as this community is great. I agree garcia, it comes off as cocky

iPro Clan
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
I only ever do that in games where my opponent was extremely BM. Like in the game in my sig, that guy was calling me a cheater, and cussing me out all game long, until the game swung in my favor, then he shut up real fast =D

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!