Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Ideas
Hello,

First of all, thanks for this wonderful game. Saves the day at work Wink
As a proud Wink Fluffy #1 player that plays this game ferociously every day, I'd like to share my ideas on couple of stuff, if anyone cares. Just some lame thoughts of a noob Smile

1. As a player playing a lot of games, I'd love to see how many empty game slots I have left on "Games List".

2. As a player, I'd love to see an information about chosen races for every game on "Games List".

3. As a replay watcher I'd love to see current wits count for every turn.

4. As a replay watcher I'd love to see count of units lost, wits spent, wits gained etc. for every turn and/or on game summary.

5. As a replay watcher I'd love to be able to toggle fog of war on and off for chosen player.

6. As an addict, I can happily live with a monthly subscription fee in order to keep this game up and running and have the servers online 24/7.

7. As a hardcore player, I'd love to be able to play "quick-games", where a player is forced to make a move in a short time.

8. As a developer, I'd fix a bug with "…moments ago" label. If a game has like "2 days ago", you enter the game and go back to the list, it changes to "moments ago". It goes back to proper state after game list refreshment.

9. As a mapmaker, I'd love to have an official & supported tool to make and add new ladder maps, that would be introduced to the community every league reset, like in Starcraft 2.

10. As an analyst I'd like to see my personal statistics somewhere, where I could see how many times which race was picked by me, what's my favourite or best map, etc.

11. As a player playing a lot of games, I'd love to be able to sort/filter somehow Game List (like show only 1v1 or 2v2, show older games, show games on a map $foo, show games when I was playing race $bar, etc.)

12. As a replay watcher I'd prefer to hear map-soundtrack instead of title-soundtrack.

13. As a ladder player I'd like to exclude (like in Starcraft 2) maps that don't fit my playstyle.

14. As a casual player I'd like to have something like bonus pool from Starcraft 2, so I can be extra rewarded for winning a game after a long period of absence.

15. As a player, I'd like to have the "turn time" limit lowered.

16. As a player, I'd love to play this game on any OS, platform or browser Wink

17. As a developer I'd like to fix a bug with "days ago" count. The limit is "4 days ago", but it often displays "5 days ago".

18. As a gold farmer I'd like to slap players who didn't buy anything, with advertisement shown every turn switch (like in Hero Academy).

I wasn't speaking about game balance (leaving that to skilled players).
Only some GUI improvements or general stuff.

What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: Ideas
I think they're mostly great ideas. Some of my ideas about your ideas:
(Numbered to match the idea I'm referring to)
1-5: Yes, yes, yes yes yes Smile
6: I'm not sure what you mean here. The servers are up 24/7.
7, 8: Agree
9: Not official or anything, but Harti has a mapmaker up on the web somewhere.
10: If you upload your replays to the OSN, it will track some of your stats. (The more replays you upload, the more accurate the stats, obviously)
11, 12: Agree.
13: I don't agree with that one. Part of the game is, I think, devising strategies that work well with your team and your play style, for each map.
14: I have no idea what a Starcraft bonus pool is, so I can't comment.
15: I think it should be lowered to (actually) four days. (see #17)
16: We can dream Tongue
17: It's not technically a bug, the system cuts off any games that have had no turns for 5 complete days (120 hours) so that when people see it say four days, they have some time to complete their turn.
18: Although I'm all for supporting the game, I don't think ads are the right way to go.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-26-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd want to know how many game slots are used so i don't have to count all of my games. I don't think it's fair to be able to choose maps in league because then you could be in super titan because you're great at one map but do horribly on all the others. Outwitters needs something that someone can buy over and over again because one person can spend at most like $14 on this game right now and not everybody buys and all you really need is the über pack so their not really profiting.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
01-26-2013, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 11:05 PM by Lrimas.)
Wow, I'll put money on it that you work in IT, probably as a BA, maybe as a developer - I felt like I was back at work Smile.

I agree that there should be more ways people who want to pay can contribute, but a subscription might make them lose to many users.

Would also love a way that makes it less likely that you play on a map - I will start playing League games again if I it will be less likely that I get Foundry...

Most of your replay ideas are managed by the Outwitters Sports Network.

Agree with the rest.