Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Match-Ups
01-24-2013, 01:28 AM
League Match-Ups
In league play I've noticed that for a while I win about 50% of my games, then all of a sudden I win 90% of my games, then all of a sudden I lose 90% of my games, then for a while I win about 50% of my games...etc. etc. etc.

Is this due to moving up and down in the computer ranking and the category of opponents they match me up with?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 01:40 AM
RE: League Match-Ups
If the system were perfect, you would expect this.

The system should try to match you against stronger people to see if you are ready to move up - and you should lose all of them since a perfect system would be right and people wouldn't make mistakes or be sleepy (or drunk) or mis tap.

Then the system would test to see if you need to be demoted (simultaneously testing people for advancement when they get matched to you, the "better" player) and you should win all of those.

It's hard to tell if you are getting syched out or it's just a matter of some random changes, the normal matching against better and worse and perhaps your bad boards and other's strong boards (and team types).

For instance, I really stink at the small boards and lose there far more often than I win. On the large boards, I do much better. From there, some combinations are much easier to lose / much harder to win for me. Mobi on Reaper for example is a board I love to play - all day, any day - no matter the opponent piece selection. The distances and all three attack vectors are made for a mobi to quickly defend and then launch an attack that's hard to counter. Of course, playing a far better player means I'll lose, but there are a lot of variables to guess why some streaks happen IMO.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply