Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why an AI for Outwitters is hard to do
05-04-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Why an AI for Outwitters is hard to do
The ability to predict enemy behavior is of course imperfect for both humans and AI. However, experience can increase your success rate.

Once again: the AI doesn't need a set of rules like the one you described ("if enemy is defensive, then strike his weakest point as heavy as possibly", "if enemy attacks early, neutralize his offensive and counterattack", ...). I described above the concept of game state exploration. The AI has the current state of the game and simulates all the actions it can do and all the actions its opponent can do and all the actions it could do in response to that and so on - to a certain extent (or to a certain number of rounds in advance). All these strategies you are describing are the intuitive result of this process - to look ahead and choose the most promising course of action. Defining these strategies "by hand" would be a herculean task at best and if you go to the extreme, you'll end up with a reflex-based agent Harti described above which has numerous flaws I pointed out.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why an AI for Outwitters is hard to do - Kamikaze28 - 05-04-2012 07:52 PM