Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting philosophical question :)
01-27-2013, 05:21 AM
RE: Interesting philosophical question :)
I have a question. Would you rather walk around with no house or no clothes? Saying stuff like,"no house cuz i live in an apartment" is cheating.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 08:59 AM
It depends. If I'm in a normal country then...No clothes. You will suffer from extreme embarrassment and maybe mild hypothermia, but you could buy more clothes. If I had no house I'd rather die than face the stress of debt and money shortage.(you will need to buy a house)
If I'm in, say, an extreme condition, I would walk around with clothes but no house- live with the Inuit (live in tents) mwahaha!

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
01-27-2013, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 09:12 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Another one:

You're in a village invaded by soldiers who kill everyone they see. You and some other villagers are hidden in a house. Soldiers are approaching, seeing if there are people around. They don't see any of you, but your baby is starting to cry. You can make him be quiet by putting your hand on his mouth, but if you do it too long, your baby will of course die. If soldiers hear the baby, everyone in the ouse is gonna be killed. So, would you kill your own baby or let him cry?

For the first dilemma, I would personnaly would pull the lever. But I wouldn't push the fat man. ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-27-2013, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 09:15 AM by Wildt4lon.)
Easy. Kill the baby. Jk. I would try and kill the soldiers. If that's not possible, I would ask someone else to take the baby, and offer myself as a distraction in order for the rest of them to get away.
Though I doubt that you will be invaded by psychopath soldiers anytime soon.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
01-27-2013, 09:43 AM
(01-27-2013 09:01 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Another one:

You're in a village invaded by soldiers who kill everyone they see. You and some other villagers are hidden in a house. Soldiers are approaching, seeing if there are people around. They don't see any of you, but your baby is starting to cry. You can make him be quiet by putting your hand on his mouth, but if you do it too long, your baby will of course die. If soldiers hear the baby, everyone in the ouse is gonna be killed. So, would you kill your own baby or let him cry?

For the first dilemma, I would personnaly would pull the lever. But I wouldn't push the fat man. ^^

Aha wow. I was just about to post the baby one....
Whenever I ask anyone that, if they have kids they almost always say they would let the baby. But when asking non parents all my friends said they would kill the baby...

GC: ChibiDufour
USA
Gifted League
01-27-2013, 10:16 AM
I'd cover the baby's mouth, and not the nose...?
01-27-2013, 10:32 AM
This happened in a book I read in school. They made the baby eat sleep medicine to keep it quiet so the soldiers won't hear them.

01-27-2013, 11:34 AM
(01-27-2013 10:32 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  This happened in a book I read in school. They made the baby eat sleep medicine to keep it quiet so the soldiers won't hear them.

Seem's legit. You're gonna just happen to have sleep medicine that works before he'll suffocate, which is hard to find in a pharmacy, let along a house.
01-28-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 03:56 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
The crying baby scenario famously happened in the old television show M.A.S.H., except it was a chicken. It also kind of happened in Quigley Down Under (not depicted, only talked about in a past-revealing monologue).

(01-22-2013 09:36 PM)brayton Wrote:  Might make a good interactive novel or game, titled MORAL.... Dun dun dahhh!!!

There is actually a flash game about the Trolley Problem. It is here.

So no one likes telenovelas? Is that what I'm gathering? j/k Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Whats a telenovelas? Is that a tv show for books?