Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting philosophical question :)
01-20-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: Interesting philosophical question :)
He should get health insurance Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
(01-20-2013 11:10 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  if i remember correctly, youre in stage 4 under conventional stage ( still cant find my books)

You are quite correct about Judment. Why would you need books when there's Wikipedia?.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2013, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 12:25 AM by TheQwertiest.)
i just thought it would be cool to look through my old lessons.
(01-20-2013 11:41 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  You are quite correct about Judment. Why would you need books when there's Wikipedia?.

i looked at the wikipedia article. i was right about judments answer! im not sure about wildtalons though.

anyone else want to check on what stage their morality is?
answer the question before looking in the link Big Grin

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Before I look at the link... I believe the man should not be punished for his crimes by going to jail, but he should honor the deal he tried to make with the chairman (raise money and pay later) and the loss of that money will be his 'punishment.' It would be different if his first action was to steal, but instead he tried to raise funds and make a deal with the Chairman, which the chairman denied, leaving him with the choice of "Break the law" or " Let my wife die." To me there is really only one choice there.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-21-2013, 04:24 AM
TheQwertiest, are you entirely sure that you haven't biased your judgement in respect to my age?

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
01-21-2013, 04:34 AM
(01-21-2013 04:24 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  TheQwertiest, are you entirely sure that you haven't biased your judgement in respect to my age?

No, I don't think he has. You argued in the 'Law and Order'-direction which corresponds to the 4th stage of Lawrence Kohlberg's model of moral development. Most people are on the same level.

Another interesting point about the scenario I brought up. It is not relevant wether you argue that the man should or should not be punished, the interesting part is how you come to your decision.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Huh, interesting. I find all of the responses below level four both morally and intellectually repugnant, but can see the reason behind those of levels five and six, even if I personally do not agree. Thank you for showing us this!

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
01-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Part of living in a civilized society is maintaining order - thus my position is the man should be punished. If I felt strongly that this is morally wrong I would i) protest via civil disobedience to question the morality, or ii) look for a different society to be a part of. If the mans sole intention was to save his wife's life, he succeeded and should be happy even if he is punished.

As for the train question, I would do nothing, not my part to play god. What if just before I arrived somebody already pulled the lever as they had more knowledge of the scenario (ie the 4 people just did something atrocious against the 1?)

Unfortunately, bad things happen, we don't live in a utopian society. I've had my idealist times but am definitely more of a realist. We must learn from the bad things in life, not try and avoid at all costs.

Jesus - I just came here to learn a little about wit management, what have I got myself into? :/

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
01-21-2013, 06:38 AM
There's a possible follow up question to the train track dilemma. Instead of a lever, imagine you're standing next to someone on a bridge, watching as the train barrels towards four workers. If you push the gentlemen next to you off the bridge, you'll be able to save the four workers. Do you do it? If you answered yes to pulling the lever, why would you answer no to pushing the man off the bridge? Mathematically, the result is the same.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT

Also, check out Radiolab, they gave an interesting podcast on morality, as well as a bunch of interesting podcasts. The one on games might be interesting for those of you who obsess over Outwitters tactics and strategy.

Live your life as more than plastic.
01-21-2013, 06:59 AM
@the medicine problem: he should be punished by being fined for any damage he caused during the theft, and have to pay for the medicine with an interest rate to make up for the time it takes him to pay for the medicine.

@spacechef: I love radiolab! I haven't seen the one on morality, and I don't think I've seen the games one either. I'll have to look them up some time.