Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters Challenge tournament - Sign ups closed
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 04:13 AM by Ellevega.)
Star Outwitters Challenge tournament - Sign ups closed
Click to view teams

Game Time

Games 1 and 2 officially begin on 2/8. This round should be completed by 2/15.

Once your team and your opposing team are shaded grey you are clear to start even if its before the official start date.

Some teams are having issues and we are short one master so if needed I will give more time on this round.

PREP PHASE to be completed by 2/7 5pm eastern time.

Need team captain for each team
Need a team name
Need pack each team will use
Need first player teams to send me match ups for each team member.

I would suggest that you guys use some sort of group chat to make your planning easier. iTunes has some for free such as igotchat. I believe google also has a chat feature. You can also have your team start a friendly 2v2 so you can chat.

Player qualifications:
Any level from Fluffy to Super Titan
Must be an active player. This means you subscribe to the thread and play daily.

There are three phases.
First round season play
Second round semi finals
Third round finals

This tournament will be played in teams of four.

Each team must have one Master. The rest of the players are a combination of fluffy to gifted. The rule is only two of any tier can play on one team. The exception to that rule is Master which can only be one.

However, if a player is promoted during season then they can stay on.

You can sign up as a team or as a single player. I will group the single players into teams. Teams wil be divided into two divisions.

You will face each team in your division twice. Once as first player and once as second player. The four players will face the other four players in 1v1 games.

The team will decide who plays who. You can play by level or strategize to earn more points. For example, team A is up against team B. each player from team A will have to play one player from team B. Each player can only play one time. This will be better understood once the teams are paired up.

If a player forfeits a game due to non play then the team can elect to replace that player. Replacements can occur through trade with another team or adding a new player. The replaced player may go to another team if one is available or the player will be "benched" until needed.

Points awarded to winner as follows:

2 points for a win against a player in the same league (add a bonus point for each level above you)
Deduct one point if the player is in a league under you
1 extra point for larger maps
1 extra point for wins under ten turns

A loss earns no points. Wins will earn from 1 to 6 points with 2 to 3 being the average.

The points will accumulate for standings.

There will be a time limit for each phase. This tournament is designed for the consistent player. Otherwise it will take too long. A player will have a maximum time of 48 hours for a turn.

The top two teams from each division will move on to phase two.

The 16 players will play every player once. Each point earned will go to their teams. At the end of phase two the two teams with the most points will move on to phase three. Each win gets one point.

There will be eight players in phase three. The winners will need to win two games. The teams will play two 2v2 games. If a third game is needed two players will be chosen for the final match to be decided by the team.

Team rules
Choose a name for your team
Choose a pack (race). Each team must choose one pack per phase. You can only play with your chosen pack. Otherwise you will need to rematch. If you lose with the wrong pack no rematch and you lose one point.

Sign up with your Game name, league, current rank. Teams need to list the above info for each player in one post. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE THREAD. This is very important so you can keep up with tournament.

This tournament will require communication and strategy among teammates.

Please don't sign up if you are not going to visit the forum, start your games or respond to invites. At the start of each round I will post time limits.

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 05:30 AM by Pareesauce.)
RE: Outwitters Challenge tournament - Open to all levels
May I join as a single player? Smile
Game centre name: pareesauce
League: Clever, currently #20 in the angry skunk division
02-05-2013, 03:04 AM
I would like to enter. I am availible for any team.

Username: CAFrechette464
League: Fluffy League
Division: Slippery Neck Division
Game Type: 1v1

Please let me know if I'm in.
Thanks!

—CAFrechette464
02-05-2013, 03:34 AM
($)jen32($)
Clever
Single player

Sign me up.
02-05-2013, 03:41 AM
I've been promoted to Gifted...
Team: Hit&Run

Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
02-05-2013, 03:57 AM
Single player
Geniscon, gifted, rank #1
02-05-2013, 04:43 AM
GC: palotO
League: Clever
Ranking: #86

GC: jesusfuentesh
League: Fluffy
Ranking: #51

We would like to be in a same team since we are brothers. Anyway it is up to you. We want to join Smile. Thanks

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 04:56 AM
I am single and ready to join a team.

GC: hersgori
League: Master
Ranking: #1
02-05-2013, 05:00 AM