Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D
12-18-2013, 06:12 AM
RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D
Hmm.. that seems like an error of what I call the "stubby finger" variety, predominant mostly when I play on my iPhone, and less so on the iPad. Smile
The error my opponent had in the game I posted is one of clearly losing site of what his ultimate goal is. I'd like to say that was my point in placing my BS there, to distract him into an unnecessary attack, but no, I was just lucky.

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 02:09 AM
I'm just posting this because I was psyched about beating a good Veggie player for the first time in forever. Critiques still welcome, esp if there are obvious places where I could've done this better or more efficiently.
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CA-LvMvAoM

-DuMonster-
12-19-2013, 10:32 AM
(12-19-2013 02:09 AM)erikpdumont Wrote:  I'm just posting this because I was psyched about beating a good Veggie player for the first time in forever. Critiques still welcome, esp if there are obvious places where I could've done this better or more efficiently.
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CA-LvMvAoM

As far as Veggie play goes I thought this guy was only "ok," but you played him like a champ. Veggies can get very frustrating and when there are that many thorns in play you tend to feel very pessimistic, but you did well to stick to your guns and push through.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
12-20-2013, 02:05 AM
My basic approach to a veggie, esp on this map is to build a wall, have a medic handy to heal units, and stack up snipers behind the wall to blast thorns without burning wits, and then advance at some point. Sometimes, like in this game, I get that to work. More often it seems I get a breach in the wall, the medic and or some snipers / my special die, and then it's a slow frustrating strangulation. Aside from the execution, is that strategy (wall with snipers) what most people do, or some variation of that, or are there better strategies out there for dealing with veggie?

-DuMonster-
12-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Soldier wall with snipers used to be how people played vs veggies on bramble v1. Since it went down to two hp thorns, it's mostly soldier spam to deal with bramble.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-20-2013, 03:11 AM
Cool. About what I expected - it seems my failures are the cause of not executing my defense better than my opponent executes his attack. Which can be said for all losses anywhere, lol. Must practice more, get better! Smile

-DuMonster-
12-23-2013, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 03:05 AM by Turtlepants215.)
An amazing win. Wow!
I got matched up with this guy in 3 different games. He's wone a game and this is our 2nd game of which I won. This whole game was on a knife's edge. Great example of rushing with runners and awesome examples of defensive play from both of us. Please let me know what you think.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA-LaBxgkM

It was my first time using the Adorables in an online match but i think i made good use of the special's teleport ability. My plan waa to stack up on heavies for defense and then later when i got my teleporter close to the enemies base i would teleport the heavies in for immediate offense. Please watch and tell me what i did good and what i could do better.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhOb5rwoM
12-27-2013, 03:33 AM
3 tips to make ur game play much better:
95% of time its better not attack something if ur not going to kill it
95% of the time its better to make a healed soldier then healed heavy
If your fighting unhealed runners u can use healed runners. If you fighting healed runners use soldiers.
12-30-2013, 07:50 AM
I almost messed up at the end

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAuJCnhQgM

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
01-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I really think this is a well played game. Really shows how Adorables can destroy a turtler.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhMbT-QsM

[Image: sig.png]