Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D
07-07-2012, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 02:31 AM by Eijolend.)
RE: SHARE YOUR REPLAYS :D
For those I haven't driven off with my flood of replays yet, here's an interesting one:
click

A game on foundry where I end up swapping the +wits tyles with my opponent. Also it shows that a combination of soldiers&runners can hold off pure runners quite effectively.
Finally a two pronged attack resolves the match.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 04:32 AM
I came back from a 5-1 base health disadvantage to win:

Game

First turn advantage seems to be relevant to this map. Glad I didn't quit!
07-07-2012, 04:44 AM
(07-07-2012 04:32 AM)eumerk Wrote:  First turn advantage seems to be relevant to this map.
True. SF Island favors Player 1 clearly but there IS one way to counter a rush perfectly. Alex showed me once, I really forgot how that worked. It was weird though.

Your opening could have been better. You basically wasted 1 wit by moving both Medic and Heavy. And an early Runner would've been able to kill the Medic anyway so I don't quite get the sense of that. Also you could've known that they have a Medic around so you didn't need to spend that 1 wit onto biting that shark on turn 6.
They made a lot of mistakes too which is why they lost in the end.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-07-2012, 05:10 AM
(07-07-2012 04:44 AM)Harti Wrote:  Also you could've known that they have a Medic around so you didn't need to spend that 1 wit onto biting that shark on turn 6.

I'm not sure that was actually a wasted wit because the other player then had to move the medic and heal the Heavy which was 2 wits. The other player may have been planning to move the medic anyway, but in that case it still cost him a wit for the heal so it was an even 1 wit trade in that sense. Maybe I'm missing something obvious though.
07-07-2012, 05:15 AM
I played pretty poorly, but it felt good to get pummeled to the brink of losing and then win after he couldn't finish. I appreciate constructive criticism. Keep it coming.
07-07-2012, 05:28 AM
(07-07-2012 05:10 AM)Szei Wrote:  I'm not sure that was actually a wasted wit because the other player then had to move the medic and heal the Heavy which was 2 wits. The other player may have been planning to move the medic anyway, but in that case it still cost him a wit for the heal so it was an even 1 wit trade in that sense. Maybe I'm missing something obvious though.
Good point. I'd rather spend 1 wit on my defenses though. Smile
(Now I'm really unsure... really good point there... I think it depends on the pressure/position!)

And no, eumerk, you did NOT play poorly! Sorry to sound that way, I'm not a native English speaker so I'm not fully able to control my rhetorics. Undecided

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

07-07-2012, 06:12 AM
I didn't take it badly Smile. My early game is pretty weak. I tend to be more of a reactionary player. I tend to sit back, send scouts, and wait for an opening.
07-07-2012, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 06:31 AM by Szei.)
LINK

This was my first 1v1. I'd appreciate any advice if anyone is willing to help out. Also I known I shouldnt have spawned that scout on turn 6 since it was clear it would just get picked off immediately. =/
07-07-2012, 06:38 AM
(07-07-2012 06:30 AM)Szei Wrote:  LINK

This was my first 1v1. I'd appreciate any advice if anyone is willing to help out. Also I known I shouldnt have spawned that scout on turn 6 since it was clear it would just get picked off immediately. =/
I think you've done a pretty good job at handling everything. Instead of killing the Medic on turn 5, you could as well have completely annihilated the Soldier. They didn't punish your "mistake" (e.g. by building a soldier and destroying your 4 HP one) which is why the "bait" Runner was okay.

Usually destroying the Medic is important but in this case it wouldn't have been necessary. I'd have gone for the soldier I think.

07-07-2012, 08:22 AM
(07-07-2012 04:32 AM)eumerk Wrote:  I came back from a 5-1 base health disadvantage to win:

Game

First turn advantage seems to be relevant to this map. Glad I didn't quit!

Yes, good thing you didn't quit. Did your opponent quit? The replay game seemed to end early. I was also wondering if there was a good reason your opponent didn't kill your heavy when he had the chance...