Poll: Did you play a lot of SSBM?
Oh Yeah.
Kind of?
Nopes.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have any melee players in the house?
01-20-2013, 05:09 AM
RE: Do we have any melee players in the house?
I played brawl. Little bit but never melee.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 03:40 AM
(01-19-2013 08:36 AM)The RawkHawk Wrote:  Cool. Good to see my hunch wasn't completely off the mark. I actually haven't tried balanced brawl, but I hear really good things. Was anyone here in the SSBM tourny scene?

I've played a couple of Brawl mods, since it's possible to play them without making any lasting changes to your Wii (they boot from the SD card, and then they're gone when you're done).

I used to play Brawl+, which was a hybrid between Brawl and Melee. It had a gamespeed between the two, the characters jumped shorter and fell faster, you could dash back and forth quickly, that sort of thing, but my brother didn't like playing one version at home and another at his friends' houses.

BBrawl doesn't really want to change the game mechanics, but it balances all the low-tier characters to A (and gives some of them new toys), gives minor nerfs to the Big 3 (just the retarded stuff), and removes dumb stuff like tripping and infinite throws.

As for me, I play Pikachu and Ike. Pika because he's Pika, but he's also quick on his feet and has frustratingly large attacks, and Ike because he's everything Roy wanted to be in Melee. It's too bad the netplay is so crap, I'd challenge all of you, haha.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
01-23-2013, 04:22 AM
What do you meaan with the big 3?

01-23-2013, 05:55 AM
Now I want to play BBrawl, but have nobody to play with, thanks Emu.
01-23-2013, 07:06 AM
I used to be very active in the smash community. Back then at least, the Brawl mod that was considered the best by the elite wasn't Balanced Brawl or Brawl+, it was Project M. I've played it and it's super fun, Melee physics with Brawl characters. Makes me wish Nintendo didn't dumb everything down for Brawl...gave me a taste of what could have been. Tongue

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-23-2013, 09:27 AM
I've been playing a little PS All Stars lately. Pretty fun game but I haven't really played it competitively much. Just got a Wii U, so hopefully Smash U will be out soon. I was never that into the previous ones but that's all my son wants to play.
01-23-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm really good at casual brawl, good enough to beat some of my competitive friends, although I've never participated in any tournaments. (At a trading card store I saw a really intense Melee competition before though!)

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-24-2013, 08:42 AM
(01-23-2013 04:22 AM)Gfich Wrote:  What do you meaan with the big 3?

I don't remember who the third was, but the first two were MetaKnight and Solid Snake. MetaKnight had a disproportionate knockback / ease of hit ratio, and gimped like nobody's business. Also, his Meta-Tornado (neutral B) left his opponent in range for another Meta-Tornado. As for Snake, he just did a riculous amount of damage, especially with his neutral A into ftilt A combo. Add that to his grenade shenanigans, and he could control most other characters whenever his feet were on the ground.

For Meta, his knockback was reduced slightly in BBrawl, and his Tornado leaves his opponent further away. For Snake, I think they reduced damage on ftilt A by 1%/hit and fixed his Cypher so he couldn't get gimped by Throws.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."