Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback is worse than Mobi? D:
01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Feedback is worse than Mobi? D:
I used to be an avid mobi fan, but then I switched to scramblers. They take planning, but really scramblers have a bigger risk factor while mobis have a bigger "planning ahead" factor. I thought they were pretty balanced, but after looking at the balancing thread, lots of people seem to be complaining about how mobis where OP and scramblers were about as good as brambles.

I play in mid-Masters, and Mobis are definitely annoying to play against, but all the specials are! Am I just not seeing some trick that they can do?

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Feedback is worse than Mobi? D:
They are the new Scallywags. They can just slowly grind you down, in addition to the old-school sniping thing
01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
If you want som scramble trick here is one in Peekaboo: if your opponent doesn't use too much runners you can sneak one floating brain to the opponent heavy and scrambler him, that usually finish the game for me.

Defeat Is Not An Option

GC:dakdak97 Master League
01-15-2013, 03:47 PM
(01-15-2013 03:20 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  They are the new Scallywags. They can just slowly grind you down, in addition to the old-school sniping thing

Exactly, mobi and bombshell can both pick away at the opponent relatively safely. Scramblers must be used in an "all or nothing" way. At the high level players are usually more cautious/calculating so being able to safely widdle away your opponent with adorables or Scallywags is huge. Feedback is forced to take the initiative which means as a feedback player you better have some killer attack up your sleeve or it's only a matter of time before the Scallywag or Adorables player picks you apart.
01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah... I'm starting to feel it a little. I'm always forced to attack first, and I either break the defense and sometimes win, or become decimated and lose Tongue

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-15-2013, 05:06 PM
The thing with feedback it seems to me, is that you have to go early, otherwise adorables and scallies can slow you down too much.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
(01-15-2013 05:06 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  The thing with feedback it seems to me, is that you have to go early, otherwise adorables and scallies can slow you down too much.

Yeah - this is the key with feedback. I was mobi for ages but prefer feedback for this reason - get in early and it's incredibly hard to turn things around against feedback. I've found the higher up I go the more carefully players make their moves (and more slowly) so it actually is an increasing advantage.

I've not played an ST yet though so that may all change! And I still get my arse kicked by a mobi reaper rush..
01-18-2013, 02:17 AM
That's exactly why I like Feedback. I think it makes the game a little more fun compared to the usual Mobi/Bombshell turtle tactic. That's also why I like smaller maps Smile

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-18-2013, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure if they are they are better or not. Mobi has a much higher range of control when it comes to hit and run but having 7 wits dedicated to attrition rather that pure firepower can be quite daunting.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-19-2013, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013 08:44 AM by BURNING FLOWER.)
I do prefer adorables only for one reason: they are good if (like me) you use them late in the game and when you are about to lose, send one to the top of the map, and telaport a sniper. This usually works on and FB or AD map. It occasionaly works on a veggies map, but is near impossible to do on a scallies map. This is because you always need an open environment with no tight spaces. When you are on peekaboo, though ALWAYS use my ultimate strategy. Here it is below:

http://outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3...20YsbCDAQw

Im not imposing that this is what the enemy would always do, but in any case, you should always spawn a scrambler, and your first and second turn should always go like mine, so that you have a good chance of winning.

GC: AWESOMENIZZLES MCGEEClever League available to any friendly games!