Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
03-02-2013, 04:47 AM
RE: 2013 Winter World Cup - GROUP PLAY
(03-01-2013 03:18 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 04:24 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  But, if you want to play Veggies, I am okay with those players waiting until the update before starting/accepting their Group games. Just try to finish them on time still! Tongue

Is it too naive of me to think that a Veggienauts ban would help this situation? While I also am concerned about balance being an issue, the fact that OSN and the internal Outwitters replay viewer had issues when the Bramble got its 3HP thorns frightens me. What if I'm in a game against Veggies and the game crashes on the replay because there's been a change to how the Thorns work? Will you call the game void?

It's just I want to be sure about what's going to happen before I enter or start any games here, not that I'll end up being in the center of a rules debate shitstorm once again. Angel

Yeah that's a good point. As long as neither team is using Veggienaughts the games should definitely be started. I don't really want to ban the team altogether midway, but at the same time I haven't seen a single game with them yet (not that I have checked every single replay).

Are you planning on using them? Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Is there a time limit for the group play?
03-02-2013, 01:28 PM
(03-02-2013 04:47 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 03:18 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 04:24 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  But, if you want to play Veggies, I am okay with those players waiting until the update before starting/accepting their Group games. Just try to finish them on time still! Tongue

Is it too naive of me to think that a Veggienauts ban would help this situation? While I also am concerned about balance being an issue, the fact that OSN and the internal Outwitters replay viewer had issues when the Bramble got its 3HP thorns frightens me. What if I'm in a game against Veggies and the game crashes on the replay because there's been a change to how the Thorns work? Will you call the game void?

It's just I want to be sure about what's going to happen before I enter or start any games here, not that I'll end up being in the center of a rules debate shitstorm once again. Angel

Yeah that's a good point. As long as neither team is using Veggienaughts the games should definitely be started. I don't really want to ban the team altogether midway, but at the same time I haven't seen a single game with them yet (not that I have checked every single replay).

Are you planning on using them? Tongue

Im not planning on starting any matches until the final person in our group has been decided (group B). I also have not been challenged by anyone so far.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Buump

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
(03-02-2013 01:19 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Is there a time limit for the group play?

Yes it will follow similar rules as the Qualifiers but one week longer since matches will be harder fought and all on large maps now. I originally planned to "officially start" today and have the cutoff be March 28th but I want to give everyone the full 4 weeks. There are just 2 games left in the Group 2 playoffs that need to be finished before starting.

But either way you may as well start your games now! Some games have actually already been reported which I appreciate.
03-03-2013, 12:49 AM
My solution is to finish all my games before the update, one more to go Smile
03-03-2013, 09:28 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YtoKBAww
p1 alexch2
p2 jimmybivans
sweetie plains
winner alexch2
29 turns

p1 jimmybivans 
p2 alexch2
sweetie plains
35 turns
jimmybivans winner
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yirv_Agw

[Image: sig.png]
03-04-2013, 07:22 AM
game_taker
Ser Purple Wolf
Long Nine
Winner: game_taker
21 turns
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Yg835Agw

Ser Purple Wolf
Long Nine
Winner: game_taker
36 turns
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YnIv8Agw
03-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Yury1975 timed out, will he be replaced?
03-04-2013, 09:11 AM
I've sent him an email. I will probably just drop him without a replacement if he's missing because he came from the inactive group anyway ;/