Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
01-31-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: 2013 Winter World Cup - QUALIFIERS
Well, I think I will concede to advancing top 2 from each group and most likely do the 32-person elimination bracket after the group play. I am going to be inactive for a while starting early June though so hopefully it would be over by then but I guess we'll see..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Lortgob and amazingD haven't started their games with me yet
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
(01-31-2013 12:34 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(01-30-2013 11:45 PM)Gfich Wrote:  How's your game with spoboyle going?
It is completely undecided, him playing Adorables against my Feedback. We both got a Special and a bunch of units out, it's turn 31 -- his.

Your question implies that you'd like to point out that, if I lost and spoboyle KO'd the round, I'd end up being group's runner-up and spoboyle's first, am I right? That again implies that I was posting the above on my own behalf, trying to push myself to the actual tournament's group stage.
Just in case you're indeed saying that I would like to point out that this is false, I just thought about it half an hour ago when somebody else has pointed that out to me.
To be frank, I even wanted to concede the game to spoboyle for playing so well yesterday in order to give him a chance to advance as well. That is: I had no clue that I wasn't yet safely proceeding to the tournament's next stage. Firstly, I thought it was two people advancing, and secondly I didn't even consider that spoboyle could 6-0 my group.

Now that I am aware, retrospectively, it's indeed kind of awkward for me to have asked for the runner-up to proceed as well because it fairly looks like I'm doing it because of me, but I swear to God that the post before was completely unbiased. I wanted spoboyle to advance in case they lose.

It is really a mystery to me why only one out of 7 people is proceeding to the next stage. Sure, 6-0 is excellent, but isn't 5-1 just as great? This is a qualifier and I've never seen a round-robin qualifier to be this harsh and eliminate all but the winner. O_o

I agree that I should have read the spreadsheet beforehand and should have raised my concerns before the group started or at least before I started my games.
Had I known all that I might have taken my games more seriously and, above all, wouldn't have put the game against spoboyle on stake so easily.

I didn't realize either. I would've requested a restart of my first game. I didn't know it was a tourney game and picked feedback on reaper. I definitely would have picked Adorables had I known it was a tourney match. I actually considered asking him to restart but I figured one game wouldn't matter so I let it go. Will be a bummer if I win all of my other games and only lose to the mobi reaper rush, which is looking inevitable.
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 02:00 PM by Thrutchy.)
Group 27:

P1: ^thrutchy^
P2: Ser Purple Wolf
winner: ^thrutchy^
Glitch
Replay
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwonJAgw

P2: EkoFox
Peekaboo
Replay
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1cLPAgw

P2: dvchalom
Sweetie Plains
Replay
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvqXUAgw

P2: slowmike925
Foundry
Replay
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yi8nMAgw

P2: Dr.Lasr
Reaper
Replay
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzfnLAgw

The players that were supposed to be P1 did not or could not start a game on the right map.

Zrotgar has no free slots. He is supposed to start. I've tried a bunch of times to start a game with him.
01-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Wow, nice record Thrutchy Smile. I'm jealous.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi awpertunity,

My two cents is that only one person should advance. The rules were clearly stated at the beginning, and now that a few super titans have lost, they want to change the rules for a second chance. That's not quite fair.
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Nothing new here, "oh, I didn't look, so I didn't know, so fix it please". Personal accountability is out of style.

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
I also support option 3
01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
(01-31-2013 02:14 PM)Hifimatlock Wrote:  Hi awpertunity,

My two cents is that only one person should advance. The rules were clearly stated at the beginning, and now that a few super titans have lost, they want to change the rules for a second chance. That's not quite fair.

Yeah I could've used your input earlier! Haha, I've already changed it now too and will be just as troublesome to change it back. I agree though I wish it was brought up earlier.
01-31-2013, 05:07 PM
(01-31-2013 03:03 PM)Da Wizerd Wrote:  Nothing new here, "oh, I didn't look, so I didn't know, so fix it please". Personal accountability is out of style.

Lolwut?

iPro