Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
01-30-2013, 04:50 AM
RE: 2013 Winter World Cup - QUALIFIERS
(01-29-2013 05:22 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  
(01-27-2013 09:12 PM)mx666 Wrote:  Fresh thought about user PiDragoKing
- asked me if I can start Thorn Guley instead of him - I agreed
- he got no free slots for 2 days - I was waiting
- he said he'll let me know when he got 1 free - I was waiting
- he replayed yesterday he have a slot - I tried to invite him - no free slot
- wrote him back - he said it's already taken....
I say this is not a sport cooperation. I don't have to agree to start the game for him in that case right?

Let me know when you are able to get a game with PiDragoKing, I am in the same situation too. Thanks!

He bought Uber Pack already!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Anaisg has yet to start a game against me and when I tried searching her, her game queue was filled

iPro
01-30-2013, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 09:02 AM by Hifimatlock.)
Group 26 - carlesba hasn't started a game with me yet.

I must say, the results thus far on the file are very interesting. I suspect we may have a 3 way tie in one of the groups.
01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
(01-30-2013 04:22 AM)mx666 Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 08:52 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 08:28 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 06:28 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 02:11 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  So, I guess you're not recording the number of turns this time awpertunity? Wondering how you plan to seed the elimination bracket when the pools round is over. Hmm, I guess you will use the seed to reconcile ties.

Hehe, they will be back for the Group Play round! No, seed will not be used to reconcile any ties.

Oh, then how are you going to reconcile cases where two people are both 6/0/0 in their pool? For example.

How can two people go 6-0-0? If two people go 5-1 then I look at just head-to-head. Only thing I'm worried about are 3-way-ties but for now just hoping it doesn't occur haha.

I think that it would be great and less random if 2 best from each group would play a best of 1 match.
When you look at the greater number groups (20+) you may notice that there is only 1-2 higher rank players and the rest is just clever-gifted without a big chance to compete at all.
The point is that in such situation, when you add lack of best of 2 etc., two top players meets in single scenario - one starts as P1, the other as P2, 1single map, no play-off and so on.
I understand that we have many participants and there's a lot of work with the tournament, but such circumstances adds too much randomness imho.

Yes I understand the system now is not the most ideal, and that is because we are quickly trying to reduce 230+ players down to 32. The original system would have taken top 2 of each group but that was with 144 players max, we didn't account for this many players.

That said, your scenario unfortunately doesn't change anything, it just shifts the advantage to the losing player. If two players tied with a score of 5-1 but Player A originally beat Player B (supposedly because A had an easier matchup based on map/player order), then you are proposing one extra take-all game be played where the advantage is now given to B? Do you see the problem with that?
01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm in group 13, replaced seed 52. I lost to Yury but need help getting these other games started. Which of these guys am I supposed to be P1 against and could we edit the PDF so they know to start a game against me?
01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
(01-30-2013 01:54 PM)TheBitPilot Wrote:  I'm in group 13, replaced seed 52. I lost to Yury but need help getting these other games started. Which of these guys am I supposed to be P1 against and could we edit the PDF so they know to start a game against me?

You never PMed me letting me know about this like I asked...

Your question is answered in the original post under Qualifiers which you clearly have not read. I'll put you in now, but please read the entire post, I am not interested in micromanaging 230+ people when I am trying the best I can to make things as clear and systematic as possible for people if you actually follow the simple rules.
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Something to consider awpertunity - you could take the top 2 from every pool which gives you 64 players. Then you could do a variety of things:

Option 1: 8 pools of 8 with the top 2 from each pool advancing to a 16 person elimination bracket
Option 2: 16 pools of 4 with the top 1 from each pool advancing to a 16 person elimination bracket
Option 3: 16 pools of 4 with the top 2 from each pool advancing to a 32 person elimination bracket

But. I dunno if any of these are better than your current plan. It's a question of where in the process you want to be strict about entry...and whether you are willing to have people play 14 matches simultaneously (in the case of 8 person pools..).

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Still waiting on invites from Szei and Hunter Conrad. Let me know if you guys need anything to get these games going!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-30-2013, 05:23 PM
(01-30-2013 02:26 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Something to consider awpertunity - you could take the top 2 from every pool which gives you 64 players. Then you could do a variety of things:

Option 1: 8 pools of 8 with the top 2 from each pool advancing to a 16 person elimination bracket
Option 2: 16 pools of 4 with the top 1 from each pool advancing to a 16 person elimination bracket
Option 3: 16 pools of 4 with the top 2 from each pool advancing to a 32 person elimination bracket

But. I dunno if any of these are better than your current plan. It's a question of where in the process you want to be strict about entry...and whether you are willing to have people play 14 matches simultaneously (in the case of 8 person pools..).

14 matches seems a bit much, but I do like the idea of 2 people progressing per group. Maybe option 2 or 3. In the interest of time option 2 would be fine.
01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
(01-30-2013 09:01 AM)Hifimatlock Wrote:  Group 26 - carlesba hasn't started a game with me yet.

I must say, the results thus far on the file are very interesting. I suspect we may have a 3 way tie in one of the groups.

Have you lost to some1?