Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
11-26-2013, 10:51 PM
RE: Winter World Cup WINNER - poweewee (Philippines)
hahaha

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 09:23 PM by Torbreck.)
(11-26-2013 03:21 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  still wondering about this - I don't want to run it because I wouldn't be able to provide prizes, but I could run it as a tournament. I just want it to be popular like it was here because the prizes made it interesting.

I'd be willing to put up prizes if someone was willing to run the tournament. I have a couple of ideas to make it more relavent - mainly work out a format that takes less time to complete and also have a chat with OML about getting the occasional spot in the digest to do a fortnightly wrap - perhaps incorporating a feature game if they were ok with that

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
11-28-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 09:45 PM by blckace.)
Sign me up if it's small and quick like the first Worldcup. And how about adding a fun rule like, you can't play the same race twice in a row? I'd alternate Vegginauts & Feedback Big Grin If there was a reward maybe all the good players would sign up too and it would be stronger than the elite tournament. I don't think you'd need adam's help filling a Worldcup unless you were going for more than 32 participants.
11-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Yeah I probably wouldn't have it be more than 32.
11-29-2013, 02:21 AM
(11-28-2013 09:41 PM)blckace Wrote:  Sign me up if it's small and quick like the first Worldcup. And how about adding a fun rule like, you can't play the same race twice in a row? I'd alternate Vegginauts & Feedback Big Grin If there was a reward maybe all the good players would sign up too and it would be stronger than the elite tournament. I don't think you'd need adam's help filling a Worldcup unless you were going for more than 32 participants.

Some of the best players are sadly inactive, or just chilling around. So, stronger than the elite tourney is not possible. Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-29-2013, 03:00 AM
(11-29-2013 02:21 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 09:41 PM)blckace Wrote:  Sign me up if it's small and quick like the first Worldcup. And how about adding a fun rule like, you can't play the same race twice in a row? I'd alternate Vegginauts & Feedback Big Grin If there was a reward maybe all the good players would sign up too and it would be stronger than the elite tournament. I don't think you'd need adam's help filling a Worldcup unless you were going for more than 32 participants.

Some of the best players are sadly inactive, or just chilling around. So, stronger than the elite tourney is not possible. Tongue

Playing for a reward though? That might wake them from their slumber

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
11-29-2013, 03:03 AM
(11-29-2013 03:00 AM)amoffett Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 02:21 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  

Playing for a reward though? That might wake them from their slumber

Oooh right I didn't understand it this way. So yeah indeed the level might be higher!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-29-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 11:23 PM by Torbreck.)
We'll I'm up for the prizes it if someone is keen to help run it.

Was thinking I could make it $xxx first, $xxx second and xxx$ third ? (USD) someone can probably suggest the best mechanic to make this work over different countries.

So the main aim would be to have the tournament complete within a reasonable amount of time so it doesn't drag out. I don't mind having a good amount of players so long as it moves quickly. To that end I would suggest that the timeout be set at no more than 3 days and there be no losers bracket - it's straight knockout after the pool stage.

I also favour the idea of forcing multiple races as it has made for some great games In some of the recent tourneys.

So how does something like this sound.....

40 competitors , 8 groups of 5. Groups will be seeded bassed on current rankings.

Everyone plays 8 games (4 as p1 and 4 as p2) and you must use each race at least once.

Top 2 from each group go to semis (16 players) and from there it is knockout (in a best of three - must use three different races) - no losers bracket once you are out that's it.
That will progress from 16 players down to 8, then 8 to 4 and finally the last 2 will play a best of five in the grand final (must use each race once) . Similarly 3rd and 4th will also play off.

We will need to set maps etc and If we get a lot more than.40 interested we could increase the size or number of groups, but that's the basic idea.

Thoughts ?

King of the Hill
11-29-2013, 10:22 PM
The prizes are big especially compared to the last Worldcup. You'd have no problem getting any number of players to sign up.

You should coordinate with Awepertunity in PM and make this thing happen, he's the worldcup guy!
11-29-2013, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 11:25 PM by Torbreck.)
(11-29-2013 10:22 PM)blckace Wrote:  The prizes are big especially compared to the last Worldcup. You'd have no problem getting any number of players to sign up.

You should coordinate with Awepertunity in PM and make this thing happen, he's the worldcup guy!

Cheers - will do

Also just had a thought - I should check with OML before posting the value of prizes (I've edited them out) just to be sure there are no issues with doing this.

King of the Hill