Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe a matchmaking problem?
01-13-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 02:19 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Maybe a matchmaking problem?
Hey everyone!
Today I noticed something: when I lose a battle, I lose arund 20 points, and when I win, I get only around 10. I need to beat a master to win 20 points, whereas another player who is also ranked 2nd in gifted having more than 200 points won 23 points for beating me.

That means, matchmaking doesn't work properly, right? It seems I only battle again lower skilled player, which is weird, cuz I'm matched against #3 or upper gifted.

This morning I won a game against a #1 gifted who had around 300 points, whereas I had 150, and I got only 9 points!

What is the game waiting to match me against master? Do some of you also have this problem?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2013, 02:19 AM
RE: Maybe a matchmaking problem?
Matchmaking is based on hidden rating/skill which is not really the total points. You get more points for winning against a player with better hidden rating/skill.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-13-2013, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 02:25 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I know that joel, but if someone has 300 points since the start of the new season, that means he has very good hidden skills! Smile Or maybe these hidden stats weren't started again at the new season? ^^

And, let's not talk about ranking and points. Only skills. Still, the game is matching me against lower-skilled players, except 3 times I have battle against a master (and won) Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-13-2013, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 02:25 AM by joelduque.)
They can be very active too but not that good skillwise. There is still a slight bias for winning than losing in the allocation of points.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-13-2013, 02:29 AM
That isn't really correct. As it turns out, the top placed in a certain league are usually about the average players in that league. It's that they most likely grinded a lot versus lower ranked people, thus having lots and lots of points. Funny to note is that people at the bottom of a certain division are usually either on the edge of demotion (due to losing a lot) or on the edge of promotion (due to being matched against people of a higher league, but not having a positive win streak against them).

01-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Indeed you are right Gfich. But, is it normal? I don't think so. These players who win a lot against lower-skilled player, should rapidly get ranked against better player, shouldn't they?

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-13-2013, 02:44 AM
(01-13-2013 02:32 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Indeed you are right Gfich. But, is it normal? I don't think so. These players who win a lot against lower-skilled player, should rapidly get ranked against better player, shouldn't they?

Not really. They could also have lost a lot in the past. I thought I would be forever in gifted before. A higher personal win-loss ratio is estimated to promote players to higher leagues faster.

01-13-2013, 02:55 AM
I've always thought the point system was weird. Whenever I win or lose, I gain or lose the same amount of points as my opponent gains or loses. I thought it was supposed to vary based on the hidden skill. For example, right now I win 20 and my opponent loses 20. I thought it was supposed to be more like I win 20, he loses 15.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
01-13-2013, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 03:02 AM by joelduque.)
It used to be before that at the top level when not many players start league games, the top players can be matched to unranked to master league players after not being matched for 1 whole day of searching for 'similarly skilled' players. I do not know if that is still the case now. Maybe it is.

01-13-2013, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 03:05 AM by TheQwertiest.)
I also have a matchmaking problem. i dont get paired with anybody when i start league games.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*