Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Tournament Proposal Thread
01-10-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Suggestion: Tournament Proposal Thread
Now, the thing is, when Coolio started his b-ball tourney, I honsetly thought SOMETHING would go horribly wrong, but that luckily didn't happen (although it was quite close). When OWSA started, that got me thinking: it would be extremely disastrous if people would think that hosting a tournament = instant fame.

SilverlaPras was the third dude already who came out of nowhere and set up a tournament. Now is his setup quite easy to realise and maintain, which can't really be said from my spreadsheets. I still hope that Coolio and SilverlaPras will be able to properly finish their tournaments, it would be a large shame if those were to fall out!

On another note, IMHO, the most recent tournament seems like a weird copy from ellevega's All tiers tourney, and i'm not sure whether i want to see that tourney happen...

Lastly, some good news. I have been appointed as tournament forum moderator! I'll take care of the defunct tourneys straight away Wink.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 10:01 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(01-10-2013 06:38 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Now, the thing is, when Coolio started his b-ball tourney, I honsetly thought SOMETHING would go horribly wrong, but that luckily didn't happen (although it was quite close). When OWSA started, that got me thinking: it would be extremely disastrous if people would think that hosting a tournament = instant fame.

SilverlaPras was the third dude already who came out of nowhere and set up a tournament. Now is his setup quite easy to realise and maintain, which can't really be said from my spreadsheets. I still hope that Coolio and SilverlaPras will be able to properly finish their tournaments, it would be a large shame if those were to fall out!

On another note, IMHO, the most recent tournament seems like a weird copy from ellevega's All tiers tourney, and i'm not sure whether i want to see that tourney happen...

Lastly, some good news. I have been appointed as tournament forum moderator! I'll take care of the defunct tourneys straight away Wink.

nice gfich! i just saw the description on the tournament forum and i was wondering who the tourney moderator was

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 09:58 AM by Dr.LASR.)
(01-10-2013 06:38 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Now, the thing is, when Coolio started his b-ball tourney, I honsetly thought SOMETHING would go horribly wrong, but that luckily didn't happen (although it was quite close). When OWSA started, that got me thinking: it would be extremely disastrous if people would think that hosting a tournament = instant fame.

Do not fret! My tournament may seem similar, but it is not. I prefer allowing everyone to have a chance. My setup goes much more complex then his.

Also, with a committee, new players wouldn't have a chance to get known. It's be purely veteran players. I think the current system is great. We just need better moderation for defunct and sketchy tournaments.
01-10-2013, 10:23 AM
(01-10-2013 09:56 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  

Do not fret! My tournament may seem similar, but it is not. I prefer allowing everyone to have a chance. My setup goes much more complex then his.

Also, with a committee, new players wouldn't have a chance to get known. It's be purely veteran players. I think the current system is great. We just need better moderation for defunct and sketchy tournaments.

I'm a her. Dodgy

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
01-10-2013, 11:27 AM
(01-10-2013 10:23 AM)Ellevega Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 09:56 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  

I'm a her. Dodgy

Sorry :/ most people are guys, it was an assumption, in my defense.
01-10-2013, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 12:46 PM by laYahooz.)
Tournaments are fine as is..... For the most part. It's just a little bit to disorganized. Thus I proposed a PINNED THREAD in the tournaments forum. This pinned thread would show the “rules for organizing a tournament.

So why would this help? The tournaments which stay are simply the ones in which the creator took the time to actually make rules and took responsibility for organization. The shitty tournaments that haven't even happened are the ones in which the creator just wrote out a 3 sentences declaring a tournament (ie: hardcore 1v1 tournament) or was inactive (the 2v2 tourney by fancysox or whatever his name was)

A pinned thread titled: “IMPORTANT! How to set up your tournament" would set guidelines that only good tourney creators would take the time to follow. And if there is a tournament thread started that doesn't follow these rules, it is exterminated! Also I think a tournament mod might help... Gfich?
01-10-2013, 12:57 PM
(01-10-2013 12:45 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  Tournaments are fine as is..... For the most part. It's just a little bit to disorganized. Thus I proposed a PINNED THREAD in the tournaments forum. This pinned thread would show the “rules for organizing a tournament.

So why would this help? The tournaments which stay are simply the ones in which the creator took the time to actually make rules and took responsibility for organization. The shitty tournaments that haven't even happened are the ones in which the creator just wrote out a 3 sentences declaring a tournament (ie: hardcore 1v1 tournament) or was inactive (the 2v2 tourney by fancysox or whatever his name was)

A pinned thread titled: “IMPORTANT! How to set up your tournament" would set guidelines that only good tourney creators would take the time to follow. And if there is a tournament thread started that doesn't follow these rules, it is exterminated! Also I think a tournament mod might help... Gfich?

A pinned "How to set up your tournament" thread is a great idea. Gfich, is this something that you can do?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-11-2013, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:51 AM by TheQwertiest.)
why isnt gfich listed in the forum team as a mod? i can see his actions in MOD CP. he closed a thread so he must have mod privileges.
haha. awesome sig greatgonzales.
so after a game with you, your opponent will say "gg GG" - good game GreatGonzales

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
So, bringing this up again. My quick overview of planned tournaments:

Dr.LASR's Tournament for all.
I still disapprove. It's too similar to Ellevega's one. No matter what he says, I think it wouldn't be that good to run the tourney. If both tournaments happened at the same time, I would've preferred this over the all tiers tourney, but there's simply no place for it now...

Ellevega's Outwitters challenge.
Needz better name. Other than that, perhaps somewhat simpler rules, and allowing a Clever w/ two Gifted (read reply in tournament thread). It still seems like a nice idea though.

Awpertunity's Winter World Cup.
This is gonna be epic. Needs to continue!

01-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Hey I'd like to run the second incarnation of the Fluffy Clever Gifted Tournament, after the current one finishes. I plan on using a more standard elimination format (+group stages if there's sufficient interest), since players dropping out has turned out to be more troublesome than I expected under the swiss format.
Also I hope a shoutout in the ingame news would bring quite a few players in, since I see an increasing number of people from the lower leagues signing up for the various new tournaments - so hopefully there will be more participants than in the first one.

This probably won't start until Mid-February though, since I'm currently busy with exams.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!