Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Tournament Proposal Thread
01-22-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Suggestion: Tournament Proposal Thread
Seems great! May I suggest doing a double-decker round-robin, for time's sake. The main flaw was that it took so long, that some competitors got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past Gifted in the duration.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2013, 03:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 03:30 AM by Eijolend.)
I don't know if doubledecker round robin means what I think it means, but you just gave me a really good idea.
The time thing is an issue for all outwitter tournaments. And single or double elimination don't really help to keep the number of rounds low at all. Multiple round robin groups seem like a great way to handle outwitter tournaments in general and should be explored for the 'big' tournaments as well. It keeps the number of rounds low, but the number of games high. That could help with people losing interest when the group stages are months away from the finals. (For example groups of 6 can accomodate 54 players and only takes 3 rounds if 2 advance from each group)

I think I'll try out some variant of that. Maybe if it works we can explore that idea further. Now I just need to find a really good tiebreaker criteria^^

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
01-22-2013, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 11:22 AM by TheGreatAnt.)
We could always have Code Penguin squeeze a thing to vote tournament proposals and whatever on OSN.

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-22-2013, 12:21 PM
(01-21-2013 09:47 PM)Gfich Wrote:  So, bringing this up again. My quick overview of planned tournaments:

Dr.LASR's Tournament for all.
I still disapprove. It's too similar to Ellevega's one. No matter what he says, I think it wouldn't be that good to run the tourney. If both tournaments happened at the same time, I would've preferred this over the all tiers tourney, but there's simply no place for it now...

Ellevega's Outwitters challenge.
Needz better name. Other than that, perhaps somewhat simpler rules, and allowing a Clever w/ two Gifted (read reply in tournament thread). It still seems like a nice idea though.

Awpertunity's Winter World Cup.
This is gonna be epic. Needs to continue!

And I thought my name was clever. Oh well.......

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League