Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing yourself is so disappointing!
01-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Playing yourself is so disappointing!
Playing games against yourself can be good practice. And with a memory as bad as mine, it's totally possible to ignore seeing through the fog of war. But after creaming myself once, I realized that playing yourself is just no fun!

Has anyone ever tried this? After beating myself, I feel really, really stupid. It also makes me realize that no matter how well I played, I lost, and that my strategy can somehow be broken. Aargh! Discuss.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Playing yourself is so disappointing!
i tried this. i did what i think would be the best possible strategy for each player.
but its impossible to forget what youve seen under the fog for the other player.
in the end player 1 me beat player 2 me.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-09-2013, 02:18 PM
(01-09-2013 02:17 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i tried this. i did what i think would be the best possible strategy for each player.
but its impossible to forget what youve seen under the fog for the other player.

damn FTA
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
(01-09-2013 02:18 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 02:17 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i tried this. i did what i think would be the best possible strategy for each player.

damn FTA

hahaha! thats exactly what i thought! im sure player 1 me wouldnt be able to beat player 2 me if he didnt have FTA! tsk2

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I play myself and win all the time...and lose. Forever alone

1v1: Gifted League
2v2 #140 with liner15
May the ninja frog be with you....
01-09-2013, 04:33 PM
I frankly do not see the point as some of the main elements of the game are not knowing what the other guy is planning and preparing in the fog of war and how many wits he has (you can count but he can move inside fog of war or create units you do not see).

And all of that is lost when you play yourself. Maybe if you had really bad memory or played 20 games at once so it's hard to remember all of them... but otherwise knowing the other side makes it impossible for having a "real" match.

So, playing with yourself - can be fun but it's not even close to the real thing.
01-09-2013, 06:03 PM
I have never lost when I play myself. I win twice. But yeah it can feel stupid sometimes

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
01-10-2013, 12:28 AM
(01-09-2013 04:33 PM)greatbero Wrote:  So, playing with yourself - can be fun but it's not even close to the real thing.
Truth.

OP you sound like a glass half empty kind of person. You could say you win every time and your strategies are unstoppable.
01-10-2013, 07:49 AM
(01-09-2013 04:33 PM)greatbero Wrote:  I frankly do not see the point as some of the main elements of the game are not knowing what the other guy is planning and preparing in the fog of war and how many wits he has (you can count but he can move inside fog of war or create units you do not see).

And all of that is lost when you play yourself. Maybe if you had really bad memory or played 20 games at once so it's hard to remember all of them... but otherwise knowing the other side makes it impossible for having a "real" match.

So, playing with yourself - can be fun but it's not even close to the real thing.

I think it's meant to be played versus a friend. Not yourself. You would make your move hit done and pass the device to them. Hence why the screen goes black after you hit done-neither player can see each others units.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
01-10-2013, 08:50 AM
I wanted to practice feedback me vs scallywag me, when feedback gets p1 on SFI. After 7 attempted games of having scallywag me get p1 I giveup.