Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
02-23-2013, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 11:02 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
RE: Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
Confection Junction:
I would rather have the spawn between the medic and sniper down one hex an the other NE from heavy. Otherwise I think it would be hard to defend a northern/southern attack.

Electropolis:
Place a bombshell two hexes above heavy and it can cover you're wit, splash enemy wit, cover a lot of the middle, AND you're able to jump soldiers in front of it.

Bad Leaf: my only suggestion would be put a barrier in between the central wit spaces. I feel like it would be more interesting.

Sand Dollar: I like it. Although, I would try moving the base one hex NE and shave the two "awkward" looking hexes near the medic and heavy.

Overall I generally like them, except electropolis.

I really hate holes, and almost never use them. That's just me. Smile

Breaking Point

[Image: 393.png]

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 11:15 AM
(02-23-2013 10:42 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Confection Junction:
I would rather have the spawn between the medic and sniper down one hex an the other NE from heavy. Otherwise I think it would be hard to defend a northern/southern attack.

Electropolis:
Place a bombshell two hexes above heavy and it can cover you're wit, splash enemy wit, cover a lot of the middle, AND you're able to jump soldiers in front of it.

Bad Leaf: my only suggestion would be put a barrier in between the central wit spaces. I feel like it would be more interesting.

Sand Dollar: I like it. Although, I would try moving the base one hex NE and shave the two "awkward" looking hexes near the medic and heavy.

Overall I generally like them, except electropolis.

I really hate holes, and almost never use them. That's just me. Smile

Breaking Point

[Image: 393.png]

But holes are obstacles you could look over and it lests you see the enemy so you could defend better. But if you put two much holes, the map would look like it's crumbling apart and that makes a bad map.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 11:21 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
Question!

I had the bases on the complete left and right sides, but I moved them inwards. Good decision?

[Image: 412.png]
Holes also give an extra unneeded edge to bombshell and mobi snipers.

02-23-2013, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 11:23 AM by GoHeat 3.)
I like the way it is in that photo!
But imagine putting a BS where the lane is only one space. It can splash the base.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-23-2013, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 11:52 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
(02-23-2013 11:21 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I like the way it is in that photo!
But imagine putting a BS where the lane is only one space. It can splash the base.

Very true. Ill play around with it.
[Image: 412.png]

I just got rid of the barriers. I don't know about you, but I would play on it.
Aww crap. The picture switches too. Any barriers would have to be doubled or the map would be asymmetrical. :/

02-23-2013, 12:07 PM
(02-23-2013 11:18 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Question!

I had the bases on the complete left and right sides, but I moved them inwards. Good decision?

Yeah cuz if it takes too many turns to get your soldier from its spawn space to the enemy base, games would take a long time.

02-23-2013, 12:16 PM
I would play on it! Maybe add some barriers in the middle or something?

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-23-2013, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 12:56 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Btw, i fixed a lot of my maps. I completely remade Veggienauts Patch cuz it was terrible.
(02-23-2013 11:18 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Holes also give an extra unneeded edge to bombshell and mobi snipers.

Not if you put them in the right places in the right way. But i don't really put holes on Veggienaut themed maps cuz it looks funny when theres a hole in the ground.

02-23-2013, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 01:02 PM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
(02-23-2013 12:16 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I would play on it! Maybe add some barriers in the middle or something?

I added a happy face! There appears to be no apparent places I can put barriers that would be not over powered for bombshell and have a symmetrical map.

The face is just a joke. Pretend there are no barriers or holes if you want a realistic map.

02-23-2013, 01:12 PM
P1 could capture all three wit spaces on the first turn.