Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
01-10-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: [NEW] Outwitters Map Creator 1.1
(01-10-2013 01:15 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  So, you say "part of the plan", does this mean you have been discussing plans to incorporate the fruits of your map creator tool with OML? Have they signed off on the idea?

Not at all. I made this investment out of passion for the game, no selfish reasons, and I hope they can gain something from it / make the best out of it. Smile

@Alvendor: It wasn't your fault, it was mine. Happened when I added the 2v2 flag. Should be fixed now.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 01:30 AM
This is awesome. Really would like to see this be integrated into the game so we can play custom games on custom maps.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2013, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 01:43 AM by joelduque.)
Help. I clicked fork Peekaboo then cancel, cancel, hoping that it would abort. It still proceeded and created a fork of that map.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I need to improve the user interface on that one. For the time being I erased the forked map.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

01-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Usually I think edit and creation tools are just a waste of time and space in games. They're hard to use, and near impossible to create a worthy level. Just explore some of the Little Big Planet stuff to see what i mean. Not the case here. This is such an amazing tool. It's so easy to use and would be a great addition the game. It fits perfectly with the straightforward simplicity of outwitters. I love the change theme option. Pretty cool to see the existing maps skinned as the other teams. Adam and Alex should seriously consider adding this to the game.
01-10-2013, 02:57 AM
This is really great! Thanks!
01-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Minor feature update:

You can now edit map descriptions in by double clicking it. You need to have your password entered to be allowed to do that. When you've finished editing, you can simply save the map as you'd do usually.

01-10-2013, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 06:15 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I want author's right for quoting me in your signature. Tongue

Jk, is a comment area for each map possible to add? Big Grin
(01-10-2013 02:40 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Usually I think edit and creation tools are just a waste of time and space in games. They're hard to use, and near impossible to create a worthy level. Just explore some of the Little Big Planet stuff to see what i mean. Not the case here. This is such an amazing tool. It's so easy to use and would be a great addition the game. It fits perfectly with the straightforward simplicity of outwitters. I love the change theme option. Pretty cool to see the existing maps skinned as the other teams. Adam and Alex should seriously consider adding this to the game.

We can see you don't know the best car game ever, Trackmania. Trackmaking was the most outstanding and interesting part of the game. Smile

I think it should be added ONLY in friendly games. Because one spend so much time to understand and handle one map, that puttin thousands of these would extremly reduce the strategic aspect of the game.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-10-2013, 06:46 AM
MEANWHILE let me showcase a map i made, Qubaria's Hold:

[Image: 37.png]

My goal was to minimize the map while attempting to keep it strategical. The bottlenecks allow for advantages for all specials (in my calc), perhaps placing a major role for Snipers (a bit like Glitch).

Kudos for Harti for doing this!

01-10-2013, 06:58 AM
it looks like the combination of glitch and reaper. haha

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*