Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 11:41 PM by Harti.)
RE: [NEW] Outwitters Map Creator 1.1
Changes (1.1):

New functionality
  • You can tag maps unfinished or fun maps
  • New list: Fun maps
  • You can change your rating if you change your mind.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 11:38 PM by Alvendor.)
RE: [NEW] Outwitters Map Creator 1.0
(01-09-2013 11:12 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  This is totally awesome :O

Agreed. Screw race balancing, let us play custom maps!
Something funky is going on when using the iPad. When changes have been saved and the map is reloaded I have tell the browser to refresh exactly twice for the new changes to be shown.
Fascinating how the feel of the map changes if you take an existing one and just change the theme

Soldier spam FTW
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: [NEW] Outwitters Map Creator 1.0
(01-09-2013 11:18 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Something funky is going on when using the iPad. When changes have been saved and the map is reloaded I have tell the browser to refresh exactly twice for the new changes to be shown.
I suspect this to be a caching issue brought to you by Apple/Google.

If you change a map, and upon refresh you don't see anything - is it the new version when you're on the MacBook? If so, my assumption may be valid.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah the MacBook show the new version

Soldier spam FTW
01-09-2013, 11:53 PM
(01-09-2013 11:45 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Yeah the MacBook show the new version
Thanks for checking.

In that case it's quite cumbersome to get rid of this issue. I could force the page to do a hard reload with clearing cache and whatnot - but that would mean longer loading times for desktop computers and possibly much higher data traffic for mobile devices as the images will have to be loaded again when clearing the cache.

You can usually disable caching in the browser's preferences.

01-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Its much easier to edit maps on a computer anyway so don't think its a big deal

Soldier spam FTW
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
I think a player-made map creator could be a game-changer for Outwitters. Perhaps too much of a development for OML at this stage, but we can dream!
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 12:55 AM by Harti.)
In a (minor) update I added 2v2 flags.

/edit:
@GreatGonzales:
This is part of the plan. Now when we've got nifty map ideas OML can enhance the map packages to make team purchases more lucrative. The whole idea is basically for them to find inbalance issues and great map ideas they could implement either for further teams or as an addition to the currently purchased teams.

01-10-2013, 01:15 AM
(01-10-2013 12:54 AM)Harti Wrote:  @GreatGonzales:
This is part of the plan. Now when we've got nifty map ideas OML can enhance the map packages to make team purchases more lucrative. The whole idea is basically for them to find inbalance issues and great map ideas they could implement either for further teams or as an addition to the currently purchased teams.

Very cool! So, you say "part of the plan", does this mean you have been discussing plans to incorporate the fruits of your map creator tool with OML? Have they signed off on the idea?
01-10-2013, 01:22 AM
I might have put the database in a bad state. I clicked to fork a map but pressed cancel when had to enter username (or might have been password), a database error message came up. Now I can't fork maps even when entering username and password.

Soldier spam FTW