Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gameplay Logistical Improvements
07-06-2012, 02:11 AM
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements
Quote:Do you feel like being able to "experiment with different strategies" would hurt this game? I find that attribute to be very rewarding in games of all kinds. I think arbitrarily stifling experimentation will put off a lot of potential players.

That's a fair point. After hundreds of Hero Academy games I'm excited for a fresh game in the same genre. Outwitters is more expansive in a lot of ways (larger maps, saving move points, fog of war etc.). I think the 'think before you act' aspect is one of the things that is appealing to me about Outwitters. Funny enough, it actually reminds me more of chess, where you only get one move and have to predict the outcome. Hero Academy very often wasn't challenging because I had so much information at my disposal.

As a side note, I feel bad for the inevitable, and I'm sure constant, comparisons to Hero Academy for this game. I know they were developed simultaneously and they're so similar its hard not to compare them. My initial impression is they are both excellent games that are right up my alley.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gameplay Logistical Improvements - bigredsk10 - 07-06-2012 02:11 AM