Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 games against the same opponent on same map?
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
3 games against the same opponent on same map?
I just finished a bunch of games, so decided to start a few more. My normal procedure is to start one, play a few moves, start another one etc to prevent matching up with the same person a couple of times.

I did it this time and ended up with the same guy, me going second, on the same map for three games in a row?! Plus he clearly has a strategy on this map as he is using the same one in all three, and it's a nightmare to stop when you have FTA.

Is this just unlucky? Is there some way of managing which maps you end up on?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: 3 games against the same opponent on same map?
your opponent probably chose maps he like by starting a bunch of games then quitting on the ones he didnt like.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Mobi rushes on Reaper? Foundry rushes?
01-08-2013, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 12:30 AM by Tenrabbits.)
Actually it's Sweetie Plains wit space rush - continue hammering down one side and it's next to impossible to counter attack, plus eventually he gets the space, then that's the start of the downfall. I've tried three different defences and they all get worn down.
01-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Yeah it's garbage, I've had the same thing happen before. You shouldn't be able to forfeit without a loss. Forfeiting when you're P1 should count as a loss to someone equal to your same level of play. Or maybe it should count as a bigger loss to further discourage it.
01-08-2013, 02:12 AM
(01-08-2013 12:29 AM)Tenrabbits Wrote:  Actually it's Sweetie Plains wit space rush - continue hammering down one side and it's next to impossible to counter attack, plus eventually he gets the space, then that's the start of the downfall. I've tried three different defences and they all get worn down.

Can you link replay of game, so we can discuss possible strategies?
01-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Besides Veggienauts buff (regenerating thorns?), fixing p1 stacking for map preference is the top priority for me. I don't like how if you're lucky you can just queue up a ton and pick your map. I think that players should be in control if map choosing is going to stay instead of leaving who gets to pick up to luck. What I mean is implementing a veto system like in Starcraft so that you can pick 2 or 3 maps that you won't have to play, but other than that you have to play all the remaining maps equally and can't choose the way you currently can. If OML tracks which races avoid which maps or which maps are avoided more often it can also help in determining balance and which maps are more or less fun.
01-08-2013, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 03:47 AM by connor34911.)
(01-08-2013 03:23 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  Besides Veggienauts buff (regenerating thorns?), fixing p1 stacking for map preference is the top priority for me. I don't like how if you're lucky you can just queue up a ton and pick your map. I think that players should be in control if map choosing is going to stay instead of leaving who gets to pick up to luck. What I mean is implementing a veto system like in Starcraft so that you can pick 2 or 3 maps that you won't have to play, but other than that you have to play all the remaining maps equally and can't choose the way you currently can. If OML tracks which races avoid which maps or which maps are avoided more often it can also help in determining balance and which maps are more or less fun.

I like the random system we have now. It allows for games to be streamlined and low maintenance. What I don't like is the P1 forfeit/map selection. It should count as a loss.

Rabbits, you should be able to defend that wit space...soldiers and your sniper. Eventually he will be at a wit disadvantage. Also sometimes if they over commit to that side you can go right up this middle with your heavy. I play adorables so mobi makes this easier.
01-08-2013, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 05:48 AM by ImperialSun.)
So in other words you don't like the system we have now. I said IF they keep the ability choose maps it's better if its more controlled instead of a pseudo choice where you only get to pick when you're lucky enough to have a chance to queue stack. I think you misunderstand me. I never said anything about removing the random system.
01-08-2013, 05:51 AM
Maybe, I think forfeits should just be highly penalized ranking wise