Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
08-08-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (SEMI FINALS)
(08-08-2014 09:42 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  You guys now have a 6-0 record with us! Tongue

Angel

True…..but this isn't representative for the battles….there were some pretty close ones! But we also take the close wins, of course Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Truth be told we are no longer on top of our game. Major props for being vigilant and keeping up with the game all this time.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
08-16-2014, 04:35 PM
For sure one of the craziest and closest 2v2 games we ever played. Just like dancing on razor`s edge….

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhvTusQoM
GG Juslas and Akkete!
08-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Had to agree - it was about who has or not a single wit. Hard to see from replay, but all those medic boosts and hitting a trooper but not kill it were vital moves.
Me and Akkete thought that we had Adorables and Scallywags in better order than you did. That sniper shot was great, but we thought we can still defend it with those 2 runners. And winning faster. But no, not against team that I can't recall ever made a single mistake ;-)
08-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Great match - I love a closely contested battle. Smile

By the way, when this is over I will take your recommendation as to the best game of the match, which I will suggest to Adam for sharing as a news item.

08-25-2014, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 07:03 AM by Pharmafan.)
Just finished our second one and made it finally to the finals through the losers bracket…..:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhri5wwkM

This game was also very close and very exciting! Like in the BB-one you have to go deeper in the replay and in the Wit-Counts to follow the decisions of both teams.

IMO, the BB-game was one of the best 2vs2 games we ever had….it was really close to a single wit in multiple turns and after our turn 3 it was possible to see the potential opening of Juslas § Akkete which was really strong. We needed hours of planning to set up turn 7 which was the real key turn of the whole game IMO. It looks like nothing but it lead to all the options of the following turns.

The replay has no end like the CCM-one, but I hope everyone can see, that there was no way to win or to defend the mobi-snipe. The quality of this matchup is so nice IMO cause there is no real mistake. Both teams play without any fault.

These were fantastic matches, Juslas & Akkete! Thanks a lot for the battles! Super-Titan

Hey Gavin…..it`s up to you now to set up the finals! We`re glad that we gained the opportunity to play you! Smile
08-25-2014, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 04:02 PM by Juslas.)
Our previous encounter prior 2v2 FTA fix was great. Bold to say that teams played perfectly and team one won. But those matches: teams knew wits, units and all the attack paths.
Pharmafan & HolySab victory as team 2 is great news that FTA fix has leveled balance significantly.

Candy Core Mine match was planned to be a long one by me and Akkete. We did not have a attack plan, just defend some, hit base once, be first to land mobi sniper runner around turn 60 or something. Attack by team 2 got us off guarded and it was really tight wit counting and unit counting match after that. I made a wrong call by attacking and 'hoping' it would tie up troops that we could defend (and win). But they had 2 wits to spare (and reach). I should have picked the other move.
In general this match shows, in my opinion, that hitting base with runner is not a good play ;-)

Blitz Beach match does not look much in a replay. But our opening as team 2 is really strong. At 2v2 p1 color is random, so there are more than one kind of starting map positions. Also race play order matters. Friendly (tournament) matches has p1 as blue (always). Akkete and me had best cards possible to win team one. The way HolySab and Pharmafan beat us was superb. And you feel not much when you watch replay, but not boosting special had saved wits to do some serious attacks to win a match.

Match on Mechanism is fascinating - HolySab and Pharmafan once again had played superb. Spawning 2 new medics, who would have known that is the way to go!
08-26-2014, 02:23 AM
(08-25-2014 03:57 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Our previous encounter prior 2v2 FTA fix was great. Bold to say that teams played perfectly and team one won. But those matches: teams knew wits, units and all the attack paths.
Pharmafan & HolySab victory as team 2 is great news that FTA fix has leveled balance significantly.

It did! 2vs2 really is new on some maps thanks to the fix and absolutely more balanced!

(08-25-2014 03:57 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Candy Core Mine match was planned to be a long one by me and Akkete. We did not have a attack plan, just defend some, hit base once, be first to land mobi sniper runner around turn 60 or something. Attack by team 2 got us off guarded and it was really tight wit counting and unit counting match after that. I made a wrong call by attacking and 'hoping' it would tie up troops that we could defend (and win). But they had 2 wits to spare (and reach). I should have picked the other move.
In general this match shows, in my opinion, that hitting base with runner is not a good play ;-)

Yeah….we thought and calculated long before we attacked but we discovered like in the round before against GG and his brother that CCM is not Acrospire and that a good push can go through the lines when the opponent spend his wits on the other side of the map!

(08-25-2014 03:57 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Blitz Beach match does not look much in a replay. But our opening as team 2 is really strong. At 2v2 p1 color is random, so there are more than one kind of starting map positions. Also race play order matters. Friendly (tournament) matches has p1 as blue (always). Akkete and me had best cards possible to win team one. The way HolySab and Pharmafan beat us was superb.

Thanks, Juslas! That was hard brain work! Your opening is extremely strong….nearly broken! Sadly I have to agree a bit that you may miss the quality of this replay when you watch it….Confused

(08-25-2014 03:57 PM)Juslas Wrote:  Match on Mechanism is fascinating - HolySab and Pharmafan once again had played superb. Spawning 2 new medics, who would have known that is the way to go!

Match on Mechanism is really intense with another new and extremely powerful opening by Juslas & Akkete and I`m curious how it will turn out….
08-26-2014, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 08:10 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (GRAND FINALS)
Wow, congratulations guys! I've sent a message out to Gavin and P0wercrazy, so we'll see if we can get the Grand Finals match underway.

I've waited a long time for this. Wink

Do I have your consensus that the BB match is the best of the bunch? If so I will see if Adam will feature it in a news item.

08-26-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (GRAND FINALS)
(08-26-2014 08:09 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Wow, congratulations guys! I've sent a message out to Gavin and P0wercrazy, so we'll see if we can get the Grand Finals match underway.

I've waited a long time for this. Wink

Do I have your consensus that the BB match is the best of the bunch? If so I will see if Adam will feature it in a news item.

Thx, GG! Don't know if Juslas agrees, but we are OK with the BB replay. It's also not too long and longer replays are often less popular. And it's really uncommon! Thanks for bringing this up!