Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
04-19-2014, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 07:58 AM by Juslas.)
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING)
Sign ups to this tournament were tremendous. Too lazy to scroll the post, but there were something like 80% of top 20 attending. It has been awhile and there are excellent teams who never attended this tournament, sure. But those teams that had made it this far should be proud of the achievement.

I was tinkering an idea of invitation round robin tournament. But to make things faster simultaneous matches, lots of them, would be needed. Since I am not fond of Bliz Beach, I thought BB should be the map these map related tourneys should start.

Looking back the match history, FTA had surprise small effect - unless you were the losing team. Me and Akkete did win all matches we started.

But the tournament has just the first match with FTA fix implemented started. Finals can turn any way around.

Also 64 or 32 teams without double knockout would have been completed by now. But I still enjoy this format a lot. These teams still playing are outstanding - atleast on their tournament matches. When this tournament started, FTA was an issue. Double knockout was a one way to balance playfield.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (15 MONTHS AND STILL GOING) - Juslas - 04-19-2014 07:44 AM