Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
03-01-2014, 03:50 AM
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (13 MONTHS AND STILL GOING)
(03-01-2014 03:41 AM)krogoth300 Wrote:  Game 2 has already been finished in our new matches. Here is the replay!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzKSx-QgM

Gotta watch out for the single turn mobi/snipe thrust!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 08:14 PM
(02-28-2014 09:15 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(02-27-2014 04:32 PM)Paco bru Wrote:  I accept the changing rule. But I disagree. Because during a tournament rules should NEVER change. It happened also in World Cup tournament, and it makes it unfair. If game updates it affects all the players, but if rules change it benefits some of them and harm others. However, I wait the decision of krogoth300 & partner for the third game. Good luck

That's not true.

If the game changes mid-tournament, it makes good sense that some rules might have to be adapted.

And I don't understand your statement that if a game updates it affects all players but if a rule changes it benefits some players and harms others?

What if all of a sudden P2 was given 20 wits to start instead? This update gives a clear advantage to P2 players now and harms P1 players.

My opinion, your opinion, a hundred opinions. Because of that there are RULES. And rules are WRITEN for preventing different opinions. But don't worry, securely third game will not be necessary.
I don't want to lose my time trying to explain this with google translate. Only one thing: next tourney, that I will play securely, leave open rules. But please don't change it during it because it's CLEARLY UNFAIR.
Only one thing more: joelduque is much better than me and krogoth & Gurleyman much better than us. With my angry I don't want to explain my loses. Only making see my sense of justice
03-03-2014, 03:55 AM
Final game with waymaniac and 888 - we thought we were going to lose this one, but we made a comeback at the very end!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA-L2TxwkM

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-03-2014, 09:39 AM
(03-01-2014 08:14 PM)Paco bru Wrote:  
(02-27-2014 04:32 PM)Paco bru Wrote:  I accept the changing rule. But I disagree. Because during a tournament rules should NEVER change. It happened also in World Cup tournament, and it makes it unfair. If game updates it affects all the players, but if rules change it benefits some of them and harm others. However, I wait the decision of krogoth300 & partner for the third game. Good luck

That's not true.

If the game changes mid-tournament, it makes good sense that some rules might have to be adapted.

And I don't understand your statement that if a game updates it affects all players but if a rule changes it benefits some players and harms others?

What if all of a sudden P2 was given 20 wits to start instead? This update gives a clear advantage to P2 players now and harms P1 players.

My opinion, your opinion, a hundred opinions. Because of that there are RULES. And rules are WRITEN for preventing different opinions. But don't worry, securely third game will not be necessary.
I don't want to lose my time trying to explain this with google translate. Only one thing: next tourney, that I will play securely, leave open rules. But please don't change it during it because it's CLEARLY UNFAIR.
Only one thing more: joelduque is much better than me and krogoth & Gurleyman much better than us. With my angry I don't want to explain my loses. Only making see my sense of justice

I didn't understand that, but you didn't answer the question:

What if all of a sudden P2 was given 20 wits to start instead?

Then the rules should still not change because that would be CLEARLY UNFAIR?
03-03-2014, 12:55 PM
I think the main argument is this: because the settings of the games have changed drastically, the rules should be changed too: for example if you were playing baseball and all of a sudden, people were allowed 11 men on the field for defense, shouldn't the playing field be expanded too?

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
03-03-2014, 04:50 PM
If Paco bru's prediction of two losses happens, ruling of previous winner has advantage takes place in favor of pharmafan and HolySab in their next two matches. If they succeed, their third and fourth match will be without higher ranked advantage.
Lower ranked teams have done better than I expected against FTA.
03-03-2014, 05:00 PM
(03-03-2014 09:39 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 08:14 PM)Paco bru Wrote:  

That's not true.

I didn't understand that, but you didn't answer the question:

What if all of a sudden P2 was given 20 wits to start instead?

Then the rules should still not change because that would be CLEARLY UNFAIR?

I answer your question: do you thing it is possible? Can people who support this game make this stupid change, giving 20 wits to turn 2? But please, stop this discussion, continue changing rules during tourneys. I've played two and happened to me in both, but it didn't affect my loses. Loses would happen equally.
My idea is: RULES should never change. If you don't change it no one can feel harmed because he knew rules when decided making registration. But if you change it during it surely some of them will disagree, and could feel it is unfair.
However thanks to greatgonzales for organizing this magnific tournament. Thanks a lot
04-07-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (14 MONTHS AND STILL GOING)
Game 2 has been finished! GG! Here is replay:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAzPyI9AgM
04-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Congrats! This means that we are again up against each other, isn't it? And again the winner will play GG and The Rawkhawk?!? Smile

How about your choices? The seed is still yours, isn't it?
04-09-2014, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 03:56 AM by Juslas.)
Please read the rules. Team that won the previous face off is now considered being higher ranked!
I also predicted outcome when I was arguing not to change rules. Never the less rule change did not change who is ranked higher if rematch is in order.