Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
06-09-2013, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 03:49 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4)
I'd like to get input from everyone still in the tournament. You have probably seen this thread in which burnodrod and mastercaster have demonstrated a very powerful rush for P1/P3 on Machination. This is obviously relevant to this tournament since teams are allowed to select any map they want. So, if this is indeed an unbeatable rush, it would effectively give an auto-win to the team who goes first and selects Machination.

Now, I personally believe that there has GOT to be some response that prevents burnocaster. But if it exists it's probably going to put p2 at a disadvantage due to the weird positioning or whatever required to stop the rush.

My question is this: should we say that Machination is not available to teams selecting map AND taking first turn? Or, should we chalk this up to first turn advantage and let what happens happen. I am just worried that we are now going to see a lot of burnocaster in this tournament.

Thoughts?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 5; L round 4) - GreatGonzales - 06-09-2013 12:20 PM