Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (CHAMPIONS: HOLYSAB & PHARMAFAN!)
03-05-2013, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 05:18 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 3; L round 2)
So, I was curious about how my seeding for this tournament compared to the seeding I would have used had I access to the top 200 list that Alex just made. I've incorporated my findings into the seeding spreadsheet if you are interested. The last column, called "Differential" is the most interesting. This tells you how much a team benefited or was penalized by my imperfect seeding methodology. If green, this means the team was seeded higher than it should have been; if red, this means that the team was seeded lower than it should have been; if blue, this means that the team was seeded appropriately.

Something to keep in mind: The top 200 ranking data that Alex provided is from 3/1, while my tournament seeding took place back in January. Also, when I get to the "Below top 200" folks, I am using league, league points and division rank data from January, not current data. So, take this with a grain of salt.

The seeding is largely OK, but there are a couple pretty bad cases of poor seeding. awpertunity/Terenceshiu2005 were seeded 12 places too low, for example. epig.j/denwabango were seeded 12 places too high.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament (W round 3; L round 2) - GreatGonzales - 03-05-2013 05:11 AM