Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Game balancing
01-06-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 10:26 AM by ImperialSun.)
RE: Game balancing
(01-06-2013 10:16 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I think I'm the only person who actually thinks that the original three races are pretty much balanced!

You're wrong! I agree with you and so do Adam and Alex. Tongue

As for the person who said they would still play scallywags with a 3 hp bombshell against Alvendor's mobi nerf, fair enough. But I think that nerf to mobi would make the Adorables much less interesting...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 10:29 AM by Necrocat219.)
Quote:So the problem doesn't lie within our subjective understanding of how the teams work. We probably never found the Feedback too strong, thusly didn't use them and therefore don't know how to use them and finally mistake them as a weak team.

Hmm an observation that I hadn't taken note of is that my three main inspiring feedback players have all dropped off their pedestals: ..Sir3.., P1noyboypj and BadHerrDay... oh god I hope this isn't a bad omen feedback Confused
(01-06-2013 10:23 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 10:16 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I think I'm the only person who actually thinks that the original three races are pretty much balanced!

You're wrong! I agree with you and so do Adam and Alex. Tongue

As for the person who said they would still play scallywags with a 3 hp bombshell against Alvendor's mobi nerf, fair enough. But I think that nerf to mobi would make the Adorables much less interesting...

Aha! I completely forgot the +1 wit per kill only making it a major boost for the Mobi. With the Bombshell and Scrambler you can usually predict and calculate in that 1 wit, as you can probably gain some +1 wits in return to, whilst the Mobi was buffed by making hit and run trades by +1.

Okay I've been so slow. Derp! I should have compared the races more Tongue

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-06-2013, 11:33 AM
I think we should look at it before the update.

Scallywags, Adorables and Feedback were all fairly balanced. I think it might be safe to say that the Bombshell had a pretty nice advantage, if any advantage could be given. The hit and run tactic was doable, but the bonus Wit made it far more viable. However, I think Adorables and Scallywags is fairly balanced, despite the numbers. I think the issue lies in players not yet having changed styles. In the previous version, Scallywag players could turtle until the end of time and the more time they were given to do so, the more powerful they became. Now, it seem's like there's a point in the game where the Adorable's strength as time goes on surpasses Scallywags.

To throw in a StarCraft 2 reference, it's sort of like Zerg vs Protoss. Protoss have incredibly strong units, but don't make a lot. Zerg are stronger in numbers and a lot of times, there's a big engagement, they trade armies, and the only reason the Zerg can win is because they can mass up their army again. So there becomes this critical point where if you let the Zerg "macro" too much that they become unstoppable.

So to bring it back, I feel like Scallywags have an advantage earlier on, but as the game goes longer, Adorables become more powerful faster, and eventually surpass the Scallywags. A lot of players seem to be so used to turtling that they're letting the Adorables "macro" up until they're unstoppable. The fault isn't in game balance, but rather the fact that a lot of players are still in a transition phase and trying to find where that tipping point is.

Feedback I think remains balanced and shouldn't be touched.

The largest issue appears to be the Veggienauts which is the only army that has no real method of countering Bombshell. Mobi's can be brambled or otherwise dealt with. Scramblers can be scouted and otherwise dealt with. Bombshell has 4 HP and can be dealt with, but hardly directly. SvV is still a gametype where Scallywags can just sit back and win.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I think that the bombshell radar should be tweaked but other wise things are fine. The game changes, maybe adorables are a little better now than they were, but like others have said, just play better. Maybe some of the people beating you are just better than you.
01-06-2013, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 12:03 PM by joelduque.)
I suggest that 1 hp thorns automatically regen to 2 hp at the start of their owner's turn. This would solve the BS's splash killing the thorns so easily. Also allow owner to destroy his own thorns at the cost of 1 wit. Children thorns of that thorn destroyed by owner should remain alive. These changes would greatly ease using the bramble. I then expect Veggienauts to proliferate more in league play and tournaments. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Hmm if the bombshell is nerfed to 3 hp, the mobi's mobility must be nerfed too.

Just my 2 cents .

GC nickname : drakfeld

Just got promoted to Gifted league Big Grin . Don't know if it will last Blush
01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Regenerating thorns is a great idea! It mainly affects the Scallywags matchup where it's by far the weakest.
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Yes, thorn regenerating maybe a good solution!

iPro Clan
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I like it. Would definitely make using Bramble for a wall more cost effective... wouldn't really have a big affect on other matchups.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 02:51 PM
(01-06-2013 01:40 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Notice that move/attack/teleport was almost never used until the update so the change would basically take them back to before update strength.

Really? I thought I saw plenty of cases of:
- move, kill, and teleport out of harms way
- move, attack, teleport out of the way, move to same spot, kill

I think this handicap would be much too large for the mobi.