Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More than 80% of players are in Fluffy and Clever?
01-05-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: More than 80% of players are in Fluffy and Clever?
(01-05-2013 10:31 AM)Judment Wrote:  I suggest either fodder or boot-heel-face league Smile

Does it have to be negative? What about skilled. Maybe if it wasn't negative if a new player got placed into it for the first time they'd have a better chance of continuing playing.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 10:44 AM by Katastrophe.)
(01-05-2013 10:26 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I still think fluffy needs a name change.

Big Boned?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2013, 10:48 AM
(01-05-2013 10:26 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 08:35 AM)Katastrophe Wrote:  Or to keep in line with a pyramid, I would suggest...

5% Titan
10% Master
20% Gifted
30% Clever
35% Fluffy

It's already this except ST's are <1% I can't remember where but I'm pretty sure sometime ago Alex or Adam said that Clever and Fluffy make up 70% of the league. I still think fluffy needs a name change.

But it's not like this.

Katastrophe's suggestion/Current
50 Super-Titan <0.01%
5% Titan N/A
10% Master 5-6%
20% Gifted 10-15%
30% Clever 40%
35% Fluffy 40%

There's quite a bit of difference between the two. I still prefer the more even distribution though that I suggest in the first post. If OML does prefer a pyramid system though I think Katastrophe's suggestion would be a substantial improvement over the current one.
01-05-2013, 12:20 PM
(01-05-2013 10:48 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  If OML does prefer a pyramid system though I think Katastrophe's suggestion would be a substantial improvement over the current one.
I'd like to thank the academy... and all the little people. Blush

But no, seriously.
Current system shows 80% in Clever and Fluffy, my suggestions reduces that by 15% and redistributes it. I also really like the idea of a Titan inclusion/replacement of Super Titan, and moving Super Titan to replace the Top 200. If population grows (and it should, this game is amazing) then it's possible Super Titan could become a Top 200 again.

Really, how many people are in Super Titan? Is there any actual number?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Id rather a tube/linear graph. Like the ones in frostbite mode that says how close to burnicade.
Such tube/linear graph will be divided by leagues/tiers, and then have shaded/lighter lines.
This provides players with rough estimation of your position within the league, and allows you to see your progress. Each division in the tube could have clever sayings,(rough) percentages and even little logos. These logos are not to replace the 5, but just to add more'leveling' to lower players.
The progress could be decided by the arrow from tilt to live.

It would be epic Smile

This fixes the problem of too many leagues, too few leagues.
Just tell me where i stand Smile

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Wow I never knew...
I thought that most people were clever-master buried suppose this only makes sense since, as a new player, if you win four or five of your matches, you get put into clever and if you win less than four you get put into fluffy. I won three Sad
Am still only in Clever. Hey I'm one of the rare percentage in F or C on these forums.
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM
(01-06-2013 12:09 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  Wow I never knew...

Am still only in Clever. Hey I'm one of the rare percentage in F or C on these forums.
Clever League
Me too!
I feel stupid(or should i say stuped) when commenting on forums. Im a noob who has been playing since release. Confused
To cancell this suddern saddness.....
:
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Nyan cat all the way.
Speaking of which, luck myan cat didnt kill the world
Brayton Big Grin

PS you can only have 10 images/smilies per post. Damm. That killed my fun

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Have also been playing since release. I just think its unfair because I'm probably playing a bunch of people a lot older than me Sad Sad Sad
(Seven more to go)
I need tips badly
Can anyone help me not feel like a saddo when posting on these forums? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
01-06-2013, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013 09:06 AM by ImperialSun.)
There are ~80 Super-Titans at the moment. You can find the exact numbers on Outwitters Sports Network (go to the stickied Super-Titan Replay Discussion thread for a link or you can use google).

(01-06-2013 12:09 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  Wow I never knew...
I thought that most people were clever-master

Yea I was shocked to discover that Gifted players weren't around average but were actually way above average. Being in gifted is actually in the top 20% of all players! Clever is actually the league for average players despite seeming like a sub-par league. As stated earlier, this gives players the false impression that they are worse than they actually are and is rather discouraging. I know plenty of Gifted players who are disatisfied because they think they are "merely average" when really Gifted league is rather prestigious (far above average). Same deal with Clever. I know plenty of players who are discouraged in Clever because they see it as being beneath average when you can actually be in Clever and be above average (in fact, a majority of Clever players are above average! ~75% of Clever players are above and 25% are below).
01-06-2013, 12:07 PM
(01-06-2013 08:51 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  Have also been playing since release. I just think its unfair because I'm probably playing a bunch of people a lot older than me Sad Sad Sad
(Seven more to go)
I need tips badly
Can anyone help me not feel like a saddo when posting on these forums? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Don't worry! People are cool here and don't treat you differently (mostly). I just got out of clever. Smile

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best