Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More than 80% of players are in Fluffy and Clever?
01-30-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 10:37 PM by Tenrabbits.)
RE: More than 80% of players are in Fluffy and Clever?
I've just seen something odd - Resolverinn is at the top of my league in Masters, but he's also (according to the News) in the Super Titan top 100? Is there a league bug?
That's weird - my last post doesn't appear?

Anyway - I've just noticed that the person at the top of my masters league (Resolverinn) is apparently in the top 100 Super Titan (at 96). He's still at the top of my league though - league bug maybe?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 01:17 AM
It's not a bug, a bunch of Masters are in the top 200, even above Super Titans. I'm not sure why or how, but it's been like that for a while

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-31-2013, 08:59 AM
(01-30-2013 10:10 PM)Tenrabbits Wrote:  I've just seen something odd - Resolverinn is at the top of my league in Masters, but he's also (according to the News) in the Super Titan top 100? Is there a league bug?
That's weird - my last post doesn't appear?

Anyway - I've just noticed that the person at the top of my masters league (Resolverinn) is apparently in the top 100 Super Titan (at 96). He's still at the top of my league though - league bug maybe?

The news is not a Super Titans top 100, it plainly half of the top 200 players of week of all the players in outwitters.
01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
just a thought, if introducing the titan league, that would mean 6 leagues, and being a fluffy now it seems it's pretty long route to get to the super titanAngel ; but i guess Rome is not built in one day either.
re-distribution of the % seems like a good idea.

fluffy
clever
gifted
master
titan
super-titan

also, considering the % of people in fluffy and clever might not always be active players. they could have their placement and for some reason don't play any more, so it could just be placement stat. though i dont really know if that's true either.

i still would like to know how the hidden rank works lol

(01-28-2013 06:22 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 12:23 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  If you put less skilled players in clever that doesn't make them cleverer than they were before

That's not the point though. The idea isn't to give players a false ego boost, but rather to give players a more correct impression of their skill. Right now a Clever player will likely assume s/he is below average. This is not necessarily true. In reality, that Clever player could actually be in the top quartile of players. In the proposed system a top Clever player (top 25% of players overall) would actually be in Gifted and on the verge of promotion to Master. Doesn't that make more sense?

Someone who is better than 75% of players:

- Currently in Clever, the second lowest league
- Under the new system would be ranked in Gifted and close to Master

Someone who is average, better than 50%, worse than 50%:

- Currently in Clever, the second lowest league and the same league as the player who is better than 75% (and likely far more skilled). Why are they in the same league?
-Under the new system would be in Gifted, the middle league

A completely average player would be made to feel s/he is average in the new system whereas now s/he likely feels below average.

So again, this isn't about making people feel better than they really are, but rather about giving a more accurate representation of their true standing among the overall playerbase.
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
1. CombatEX nailed it.

2. I think I did suggest that they use an ELO system for placing you within a league. The point system would have zero affect on your league placement and would only change your placement within the division, much like StarCraft 2's system. Basically, those points you get allow you to compete within your division but those seemingly random numbers have no barring on your actual league placement.

3. To Norahsul, it wouldn't actually be 6 leagues. There would still be 5 leagues, just replace the name Super Titan with Titan and redistribute the percentages. Then, take the top 50 (or whatever) Titan players and classify them as 'Super Titan'. While yes, you can still consider it a separate league... it's not part of the regular distribution. It's just the top tier of Titan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
(01-31-2013 09:17 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  just a thought, if introducing the titan league, that would mean 6 leagues, and being a fluffy now it seems it's pretty long route to get to the super titanAngel ; but i guess Rome is not built in one day either.
re-distribution of the % seems like a good idea.

Though if you're currently in the top half of Fluffy you'd actually be in Clever under the proposed system. =)

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]