Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P1 Adorables on Reaper
01-03-2013, 11:00 PM
P1 Adorables on Reaper
I am currently playing in Reaper Vs Adorable team.

My opponent doesn't do Mobi rush and I plan my defense rather incorrect.
I have some units on the predeployed heavy side but my opponent takes the unit through the middle lane.

What I want to ask is that. Do all P1 Adorable players do Mobi rush? And if no, what is your first few turn moves as P2 which represents the best chance to defend against normal battle and Mobi rush?

Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 11:16 PM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: P1 Adorables on Reaper
(01-03-2013 11:00 PM)vegaprom Wrote:  I am currently playing in Reaper Vs Adorable team.

My opponent doesn't do Mobi rush and I plan my defense rather incorrect.
I have some units on the predeployed heavy side but my opponent takes the unit through the middle lane.

What I want to ask is that. Do all P1 Adorable players do Mobi rush? And if no, what is your first few turn moves as P2 which represents the best chance to defend against normal battle and Mobi rush?

Thanks Smile

i think ipro members created a thread about this. maybe you can check their strategy out.
thread

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-03-2013, 11:16 PM
There is no way to defend against both the Mobi rush and a normal opening - you have to choose either to stop the rush and have a small disadvantage against non rushers or play normally and risk a definite loss to a rusher.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-04-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't always rush on Reaper.. It takes the fun out of most games. I would rather play different styles and lose than be bored all the time.

That being said, I usually start with a soldier to the mid if not rushing.
01-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Our opening is pretty good regardless of whether the opponent rushes or not. The issue is just that the mobi is definitely very powerful on reaper and is certainly the best special to have. If you are scalliwags or veggies, it's definitely going to be an uphill battle no matter what. In general, you just need to make sure that they are not killing units of yours for free, meaning you don't get to kill one back on your turn, which is very difficult on reaper against a mobi since they can move in, kill, and recall.

The medic is almost a must because otherwise your runners/snipers can easily be killed by their runners for free, leaving you with no map awareness which is crucial, on this map especially.
01-04-2013, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 08:25 AM by laYahooz.)
The best strategy is to simply find a way to win!
This may seem quite obvious but many people don't do that vs adorables at reaper because they are trying to keep up with the power of the mobi on the map. I just accept that my opponent is going to have the unit advantage and probably early game map control. Though i get awpertunity's point of allowing no free kills, it is literally impossible to keep up with the adorables if you just play defensively. I then, as a feedback player, try to sneak a scrambler play later in the game. If I go as scallywags or veggies, which is way harder to win with, I try to set up a bramble or BS in the late game. Also, definitely don't go for the early special against adorables on reaper unless you have a good plan. Just save the wits and wait...

The iPro opening definitely stops the “initial mobi attack." After defending the first mobi attack, you have to launch on of your own as feedback. If you keep defending, the mobi can just keep repeating the attack until it succeeds.
And if anyone is interested, here's a game in which I do the iPro opening and stop the first attack and then make a sneaky scrambler play.... And my opponent played pretty normally yet aggressiveThcdoremi(adorables) vs laYahooz(feedback)
Do note as was P1 though (which helps a little)
01-04-2013, 02:21 PM
(01-04-2013 08:16 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  The best strategy is to simply find a way to win!
This may seem quite obvious but many people don't do that vs adorables at reaper because they are trying to keep up with the power of the mobi on the map. I just accept that my opponent is going to have the unit advantage and probably early game map control. Though i get awpertunity's point of allowing no free kills, it is literally impossible to keep up with the adorables if you just play defensively. I then, as a feedback player, try to sneak a scrambler play later in the game. If I go as scallywags or veggies, which is way harder to win with, I try to set up a bramble or BS in the late game. Also, definitely don't go for the early special against adorables on reaper unless you have a good plan. Just save the wits and wait...

The iPro opening definitely stops the “initial mobi attack." After defending the first mobi attack, you have to launch on of your own as feedback. If you keep defending, the mobi can just keep repeating the attack until it succeeds.
And if anyone is interested, here's a game in which I do the iPro opening and stop the first attack and then make a sneaky scrambler play.... And my opponent played pretty normally yet aggressiveThcdoremi(adorables) vs laYahooz(feedback)
Do note as was P1 though (which helps a little)
I think a discussion of that fine line of when your offense becomes your best defense merits a thread of its own. That's one of the aspects that fascinates me most about this game. There are many times when you have to not only read the board, but your opponent as well. That time where you have to decide, if I rush the right, will my opponent slow their rush on the left or will they just continue to push? If he does push, will my push beat him to the punch? This dynamic is probably even more important in 2v2 where intentions are not always as clear.