Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Adorables vs feedback on Peekaboo
01-02-2013, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 06:19 AM by connor34911.)
Adorables vs feedback on Peekaboo
Anyone have any issues with this? Feedback seems to have a huge advantage on peekaboo.

Any strategies? I'll post some replays when I have them.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1o2qAgw

Here's a replay. Runners for information seem to be useless. I'm thinking of going towards lore snipers, and hiding my heavy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 10:33 AM by Coolio.)
RE: Adorables vs feedback on Peekaboo
I just won a game here with adorables.

adorables vs feedback: peekaboo

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
01-02-2013, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 10:54 AM by Emuchu.)
You have to respect the Scrambler. In Peekaboo, it's a good idea to wall up against Feedback, especially as Adorables. You only really have one way in, so it's not like you're going to be sneaking around the Scramblers, here. You have to either lure the Feedback player into attacking you and revealing the Scrambler themselves, or call out the position of the Scrambler and snipe it like you would a Bombshell.

Anyway, here's an example of Adorables playing defensively against Feedback on Peekaboo:

Peekaboo, 43 Turns: !MyLea! (F) v. Emuchu (A)

Scramblers love it when your units are isolated, and Adorables players tend to spread their units around for maximum flexibility. You can't do that against Feedback on Peekaboo due to the tight quarters and single path of attack, so you'll see my units moving mostly in packs, and mostly Runners and unboosted Soldiers that I leave in what I perceived to be the Scrambler danger zone. You have to assume you're going to get Scrambled sooner or later. You can't stop yourself from being scrambled, but you can make sure you're prepared when it happens!

(01-02-2013 10:29 AM)Coolio Wrote:  I just won a game here with adorables.

adorables vs feedback: peekaboo

I think he's looking for help against an opponent with a Scrambler. That's the entire scare of playing Feedback here.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Oh well! There's my replay even though it doesn't have a scrambler.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
01-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys. Coolio I was looking for more of what emechu showed but thanks. The double mobi was a nice tough.
01-02-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 03:44 PM by Emuchu.)
(01-02-2013 03:35 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  Thanks guys. Coolio I was looking for more of what emechu showed but thanks. The double mobi was a nice tough.

The double Mobi is the same technique I use against Scallywags when I'm playing Peekaboo. My main issue before was losing the Mobi in the exchange when I attacked a Bombshell fort, so I started using them as a pair so I could Mobi-Sniper and recall the Mobi back to try and come out ahead in Wits. The pair can also do weird stuff like recalling two attackers if I guess wrong about where a Scrambler is hiding or something like that.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 10:27 PM by Tenrabbits.)
Was this against me? I play adorables and scrambler alternately, and to be honest the best technique for me with adorables is always some skirmish play at the start to ascertain where all the enemy units are - so sending in units then teleporting them back is a winner.

My main technique when playing against feedback is to ALWAYS assume there is a scrambler hidden just behind the units I can see, as this generally means I can plan around it.

EDIT: I'm andthesand online.
01-03-2013, 04:22 AM
Yup tenrabbits it was against you! Good game.