Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournaments, tournaments and more tournaments...
01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Tournaments, tournaments and more tournaments...
(01-02-2013 01:03 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Oh well. I found it again Shy

[Image: attachment.php?aid=151]

=P Now we just have to tell Adam that we all agree you should be a Tournaments mod and have him make you a user group.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Although it might be wishful thinking, I'd actually like to see tournaments in the app itself. It would probably have a button that says "Join a Tournament", which then leads to a list of available tourneys. Then again, this might take a lot of work.

In the meantime, I agree that there should be someone moderating the tournament forums.

BTW, a lot of Kudos to Gfich for putting all this work in to organize tournaments! Big Grin
01-03-2013, 12:08 AM
(01-02-2013 05:29 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Although it might be wishful thinking, I'd actually like to see tournaments in the app itself. It would probably have a button that says "Join a Tournament", which then leads to a list of available tourneys. Then again, this might take a lot of work.

I think this would be awesome if it were possible. Obvious restrictions would need to be established though; I'd hate a mass influx of noobs joining a well prepared tournament and then spoiling it by not playing!

I don't think there's any problem with the amount of tournaments though, people just need to start their matches and stay active... I'm thinking the 2 v 2 random Sad

Bullfreg

(1v1) Super-Titan
(2v2 random) master
(W/ Guthleps) master
(/w spider) master

Super-Titan, it will happened!
01-03-2013, 04:03 AM
(01-03-2013 12:08 AM)Bullfreg Wrote:  I think this would be awesome if it were possible. Obvious restrictions would need to be established though; I'd hate a mass influx of noobs joining a well prepared tournament and then spoiling it by not playing!

I don't think there's any problem with the amount of tournaments though, people just need to start their matches and stay active... I'm thinking the 2 v 2 random Sad

It would be nice if Tournaments were different from Ranked and Friendlies by allowing the organizer to set certain parameters for the games, particularly lowering the timeout period from 4 days down to something more active.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
01-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Yup, other games have options such as this. You could probably set parameters such as minimum league, minimum rank, maximum allowable time between turns, number of participants, race, etc.
01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
A 'requires Uber pack' option.

01-04-2013, 02:20 AM
(01-03-2013 08:47 PM)Gfich Wrote:  A 'requires Uber pack' option.

Disagree. Some players paid for this and aren't active, whereas some are very active (and good) and didn't pay one penny. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Well, if you don't have all the maps, then you're limited in what you can do when you start a game. In the current tournaments, you automatically lose a match if you're required to start as P1 on a map you don't own. So I think it would be worthwhile to require all maps to participate, so that everyone's on an even playing field and some people aren't given free wins or forced to have a loss.

01-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Oh right, I forgot about that point ^^ But has there ever been a tournament where P1 was required to start on a particular map? I don't think so.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-04-2013, 02:47 AM
The current tourney I'm in. Fluffy-Gifted requires that. It's cycling through all the maps, and each person starts as P1 on that given map. If you don't have it, you automatically are given a loss.