Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
SCALLYWAGS matchup chart
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: SCALLYWAGS matchup chart
If you just look at the percentages, you can see the problem. A 74% win rate against Veggienauts is obscene. I can't remember what tournament it was, but I was watching a StarCraft 2 event and when they introduced each player, they brought up that player's Win/Lose ratio in every matchup for him. So if it was Stephano, it'd say ZvZ, ZvT, ZvP. For just about every player and every matchup, these are somewhere in the 50% area. Some players, who have known weaknesses even to someone like me who hardly follows it, maybe dropped as low as 45%. I believe Stephano is a player that everyone knows is exceptional is ZvZ, and even then his ratio was something like 61%.

That's balance. I'm willing to chalk up the 49% SvA to simple balance. I'm willing to chalk up the 61% SvF to either slight imbalance, or maybe you're just very good against Feedback players?

I'm going to have to throw the 74% SvV into blatant imbalance though. Like I've said, Veggienauts have no real strategy to combat Bombshell aside from "run away".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Yes veggienauts vs scallywags is a known problem.

I have only ever lost to adorables on glitch as scallywags once. I feel like it is like sharkfood island? The starting point is that scallywags wins, and adorables needs to go all in on a risky strategy to have a chance.

Also after playing on thorn gulley I dont see how a scallywags can ever win against adorables. Going to change that matchup number.
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Told ya Wink

01-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Okay, it's been updated!
01-06-2013, 01:36 AM
I was looking through the OSN replays and the Adorables seem to have an overall stupid win ratio against Scallywags. We're talking like, 3:1.

That said, with 46%, do you feel as if you in particular are just good against Adorables, or that if that ratio speaks for everyone?

Also, the same for Feedback. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses so it's hard to gauge these numbers objectively if you're just the Feedback Destroyer or something. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 01:51 AM
The 3:1 thing I think it really depends because Scallywags wins are unremarkable and no one would take the time to upload them. Like Scallywags on Glitch, put up a bombshell, if he didn't manage to stop you then you win in like 10 more turns automatically, zzz, who would upload that?

Ok here is a secret my Scallywags matchup chart is based on playing against the top players of each race which so far is poweewee for Adorables and blckace for Feedback. I don't need to play against top Veggienauts players to know that they lose terribly to a bombshell lol. Although my Scallywags might not be the strongest (Terenceshiu2005?) but I believe I am definitely in Top 5 at least. So these matchup rankings are representative of TOP LEVEL play.

As Alvendor said, I think at medium-high levels, Scallywags are much stronger than the other races. At low to medium levels it's more of a free for all and every race is viable although Veggienauts is still slightly weaker there.
01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
I don't use Scallywags much, but I think the SFI rates are way too high. On such a small stage, most of the time people don't even get specials out, and even when there's a bombshell turtling around, Adorables and Feedback have a better chance than 3/10.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?