Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn timer
12-31-2012, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 06:06 AM by Neonitron.)
RE: Turn timer
Maybe the answer is to have a shorter time limit between turns for newbs playing league games to get properly introduced to the game ....

I'd love to see the ratio of number of players who install and play the game as newbs to number of people who pay for the upgrades and for more games ... I bet the ratio is pretty low ...

This is just my feedback to the game as a newb being introduced ... I would definitely like to pay for the upgrades and support the game ... And am still undecided of whether I Should or not due to the lack of a timer between turns.

As I mentioned above this may not be as big of a deal for higher ranked games ...

But think of it from a newbie perspective trying to get into the game. I would think it is in one man left's best interest to keep those people playing their game and to pay for the upgrades. If I'm a newb, and i try out your game ... And you let me play 5 games, and then in almost all of those games I have to wait 4 days for my opponent to respond ... You will lost a Ton of players. What you will have is a game that tons of people download and then only the really determined people will keep playing. These really determined people are hardcore and probably would have kept playing anyway.

Also, if you're talking server resources ... It'd be way more ideal to have timers ... Why? Because then games that are dead in the water will get ended in a timely fashion and free up those server resources for other gamers that are legitly playing.

I am fully aware that I downloaded this game for free and should be thankful for that ... But there really needs to be timers for at least the low league games if you want to increase adoption rates of active players ... The more active players, the more chance for game purchase upgrades. Also ... With increased timers = more server resources available for active games.
I understand people have lives ... So do I Wink but 4 days is waaaay too long for newbs getting into the game. Maybe I just had bad luck in getting matched up with other newbs that decided to stop playing, I dunno ... But if my experience is anything like what other players have, I'd imagine a lot of people that could have been players will stop playing the game and will not purchase the upgrades. Just my food for thought.

I'm only posting my thoughts on here and honest feedback because the game itself is awesome! Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Turn timer - Neonitron - 12-31-2012, 05:15 AM
RE: Turn timer - GoHeat 3 - 12-31-2012, 05:31 AM
RE: Turn timer - spacechef - 12-31-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: Turn timer - daHsu - 12-31-2012, 05:32 AM
RE: Turn timer - Jakeyboy20 - 12-31-2012, 05:55 AM
RE: Turn timer - Neonitron - 12-31-2012 05:57 AM
RE: Turn timer - incidesi - 12-31-2012, 09:54 AM