Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did our Super Epic Mega Battle break Outwitters?
12-31-2012, 05:30 AM
RE: Did our Super Epic Mega Battle break Outwitters?
(12-30-2012 10:48 PM)WildMantaRay Wrote:  I am having the same problem. Keeps saying its my turn when it isn't. We also both have big armies.

The game finally unlocked yesterday, so just wait it out! If I had to guess I'd say it was locked up for about 15-20 hours...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Sorry for the long wait for an update! It took over a month and 122 moves, but after a few crashes and general sluggishness, the Mega Battle is finally over!

My thanks to eeyack for an AWESOME and funny game!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yob2gAgw

It starts out as a pretty regular game. The suggestion to fill the board before attacking starts at about turn 17.

I attacked first at turn 74, having stockpiled extra wits for a few turns... I won't spoil the ending here, click the link and enjoy the mayhem!
02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-10-2013, 02:52 PM
(02-10-2013 02:34 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

No problem! It was a really fun game, but very sluggish and slow to load...
02-10-2013, 06:00 PM
that was awesome! You even won! congrats bro

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-10-2013, 06:47 PM
That was an awesome replay Smile. I've often wondered what would happen if both players were to suddenly call truce and just build units. Big Grin

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-11-2013, 04:53 AM
Cheers, guys! Smile

(02-10-2013 06:00 PM)ElPared Wrote:  that was awesome! You even won! congrats bro

I was totally not expecting to win! I realized at one point that I was going to be outnumbered because I had not advanced my men soon enough, (and the replay shows it was even worse than I thought!) I think one advantage I had was spawning a bunch of snipers early on, whereas my opponent was pretty consistently spawning soldiers.

(02-10-2013 06:47 PM)EkoFox Wrote:  That was an awesome replay Smile. I've often wondered what would happen if both players were to suddenly call truce and just build units. Big Grin

I started wondering what it would look like after I had a previous game that seemed like it was stagnating a bit because we were both spawning soldiers instead of attacking. I was just lucky that I found a random opponent who was up for the challenge! The map was so ridiculous right before I attacked, I was literally laughing out loud and the suspense was killing me, waiting for the carnage to begin, haha
02-11-2013, 07:01 AM
There were 60 soldiers in all on turn 73

May the wits be with you
02-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for sharing, it was an interesting game. I think you had an advantage at the start, since you had scramblers and snipers too. However near the end I was expecting a turnaround of the game, since you were very behind in unit count. But you still won anyway. Good job!

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
02-12-2013, 04:58 AM
(02-11-2013 04:24 PM)2dhh Wrote:  Thanks for sharing, it was an interesting game. I think you had an advantage at the start, since you had scramblers and snipers too. However near the end I was expecting a turnaround of the game, since you were very behind in unit count. But you still won anyway. Good job!

Cheers!

Playing like this is pretty discombobulating, actually! Any typical strategy was replaced with almost indiscriminate killing until I could sneak a guy in close enough to hit his base, chipping away a little at a time. I was surprised that he never attacked my base at all! Besides my having the advantage with more snipers, etc., it kind of looks like he was using his wits to generate more soldiers when I was saving mine and using them to move my men and attack.

In the end, I kept flooding the front of his base with activity until he left the right side open, then sent in some sneaky little runners!