Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancelling 2 v 2 league games
12-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Cancelling 2 v 2 league games
This has been happening more frequently to me and my partner. Does the opposing team get punished for this? if not can't a team just cancel any game they would go second in?

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: Cancelling 2 v 2 league games
I think it's that the fourth player declines the invite. is most definitely awful, but you can't punish someone if he doesn't want to play in the first place...

12-28-2012, 07:23 AM
On a similar note, you should not be able to giveup in a 2 v 2 game without your teamate also wanting to giveup. I have had a few games where this has happened to my opponents, one gave up and the other didn't want to.
12-28-2012, 09:00 AM
I'd never give up in a 2v2. I always have to give the benefit of the doubt that my partner may have one more trick up his sleeve.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-28-2012, 09:11 AM
We recently started 3 games and all were as P2 vs MrBanger and Alexjiang on Machination. We normally don't decline games but when I saw the third was on the same map, against the same (best) opponent, and we were P2 I just declined it. I don't feel the least bit guilty either. It's a fault in the system that needs to be fixed. As long as FTA and lack of random turn order are not addressed, I feel it's up to us to keep it balanced. It's true that people can be abusive, and I am not condoning that, but I don't blame someone for declining the 3rd game against the same opponent. FTA aside, it can be annoying to play 3 or 4 games against the same opponent. Unfortunately that's always how it is in 2v2, at least at the level we're at.
12-28-2012, 09:13 AM
(12-28-2012 09:11 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  We recently started 3 games and all were as P2 vs MrBanger and Alexjiang on Machination. We normally don't decline games but when I saw the third was on the same map, against the same (best) opponent, and we were P2 I just declined it. I don't feel the least bit guilty either. It's a fault in the system that needs to be fixed. As long as FTA and lack of random turn order are not addressed, I feel it's up to us to keep it balanced. It's true that people can be abusive, and I am not condoning that, but I don't blame someone for declining the 3rd game against the same opponent. FTA aside, it can be annoying to play 3 or 4 games against the same opponent. Unfortunately that's always how it is in 2v2, at least at the level we're at.

Thank god I'm not at that level! We get a variety of games ranging from top masters and sometimes a gifted team.
12-28-2012, 09:21 AM
(12-28-2012 09:13 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-28-2012 09:11 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  We recently started 3 games and all were as P2 vs MrBanger and Alexjiang on Machination. We normally don't decline games but when I saw the third was on the same map, against the same (best) opponent, and we were P2 I just declined it. I don't feel the least bit guilty either. It's a fault in the system that needs to be fixed. As long as FTA and lack of random turn order are not addressed, I feel it's up to us to keep it balanced. It's true that people can be abusive, and I am not condoning that, but I don't blame someone for declining the 3rd game against the same opponent. FTA aside, it can be annoying to play 3 or 4 games against the same opponent. Unfortunately that's always how it is in 2v2, at least at the level we're at.

Thank god I'm not at that level! We get a variety of games ranging from top masters and sometimes a gifted team.
I see you're in our division, so I'm sure we'll see you soon. It's not always that bad. We'll usually have 3 or 4 against the same 3 teams and then a few single games against up and comers we haven't seen.
12-28-2012, 09:31 AM
(12-28-2012 05:39 AM)myninja527 Wrote:  This has been happening more frequently to me and my partner. Does the opposing team get punished for this? if not can't a team just cancel any game they would go second in?

We got the same problem recently. It was very discouraging. We had never giving up to choose maps and opponents, but our opponents did. It should implement a penalty of giving up no matter it is P1/P3 or P2/P4 in leaguage games.

iPro Clan
12-28-2012, 09:43 AM
(12-28-2012 09:31 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(12-28-2012 05:39 AM)myninja527 Wrote:  This has been happening more frequently to me and my partner. Does the opposing team get punished for this? if not can't a team just cancel any game they would go second in?

We got the same problem recently. It was very discouraging. We had never giving up to choose maps and opponents, but our opponents did. It should implement a penalty of giving up no matter it is P1/P3 or P2/P4 in leaguage games.

I respectfully disagree. It's a problem with the system. As long as you're not abusing it, I think it's a perfectly reasonable action. Terence, if we were to start 5 games right now and you started 5 right after, you would be playing us for 5 games as P2. Putting turn order aside, if you didn't want to play us 5 times, I wouldn't blame you for declining 1 or 2.
12-28-2012, 11:16 AM
(12-28-2012 09:43 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(12-28-2012 09:31 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  

I respectfully disagree. It's a problem with the system. As long as you're not abusing it, I think it's a perfectly reasonable action. Terence, if we were to start 5 games right now and you started 5 right after, you would be playing us for 5 games as P2. Putting turn order aside, if you didn't want to play us 5 times, I wouldn't blame you for declining 1 or 2.

I agreed that is the system issue when matching the similar skill players together. However, players have choices of '# of games' and 'when' to start.

iPro Clan