Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killing special units strategy?
12-27-2012, 12:24 PM
RE: Killing special units strategy?
(12-27-2012 11:28 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  I think a biggest key is recognizing when someone is going to be pulling one out. Watching replays when they are not moving many units to know they are building up, or keeping map vision with runners to see where they place them. Though, if you are always dashing for the specials, you will not be left with much defense which will leave the counter attack fatal. So a crucial aspect is a good build up strategy depending on the units they are using so that you can be prepared.
Mobi: Quick attack, so layer your units for good defense.
Scrambler: Getting too close to spawn is bad, and layer is also good for defense. In many uses, scramblers cannot get good defenses, so when used, look for weak spots to attack through and take it out.
BombShell: You really have to plan your attack because it can take two soldiers or a soldier and runner to take one out, which are in line of fire before a hit can be made. So you must move a mass of units and be ready for collateral damage. Or, see if you can arrange your units to distract and move around.
Bramble: Carefully watch replays to see the base roots and take those out. Also, keep units on the wit spaces and spawn (if possible) so that a stock pile of wits will not control your spawn or wit space.

It's true for the last game I lost, facing Adorables.
I tried to kill the mobi, it succeeded but that left the soldiers get into the bottom channel in Foundry!!! At that time I'm afraid my opponents would take a sniper near my base so I killed. Are there any better choice at about turn 13?

(outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YobKhAgw)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Killing special units strategy? - vegaprom - 12-27-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: Killing special units strategy? - vegaprom - 12-27-2012 12:24 PM