Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Win loss record and in game leader boards
12-29-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: Win loss record and in game leader boards
I just don't see how even displaying it privately if not publicly could be a negative. Head to head games are based on win loss records. Advanced stats are always a cool feature to have. Anyone who isn't interested doesn't have to look, but then at least the option is there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2012, 01:59 AM
I agree, more data is always better. I would really like to have a record of:
1. How many games I played league / friendly / 1vs1 / 2vs2 random / 2vs2 with specific partner
2. How many I won/ lost league (same as above for all modes)
3. How many time I used wich team for all modes above

I understand some people are not interested in such details. But the data is there and it's a shame to be trying to track it on paper while we are holding a computing device in the hand.
12-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Exactly, no reason not to have statistics available.
12-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Bump!
12-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Any word from the devs?
01-04-2013, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 09:43 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Just an FYI... OSN does tell you how many of your submitted replays you won, so if you religiously submitted them all, you would have games played vs games won (though I suppose this isn't a far cry from simply writing it all down as you go, as I do Cool ).

Is there a technical drawback to submitting EVERY replay to OSN (limited server resources, etc.)?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
The more data the merrier on OSN. I'm all for submitting everything. Smile
01-06-2013, 03:10 AM
Been on my mind for a while so here goes my first post on the forum.

The league point system does not work! All it shows is trends in a players form e.g. When season 2 started I had a 10 game winning streak (immediately followed by a 1 win in 8 streak). Because of the point glitch in the game at the start of the season I was still on 0 points after the 10 wins - disheartening to say the least. However, if this winning run had occurred just before the end of this season I would have accumulated 120-150 points, a total to put me on or near the top in most divisions regardless of how many games I had actually won or lost up to that point. This, in my mind would not show a league position but merely form.

With the introduction of previous seasons ranks as badges on your home page OML are surely putting some kudos on how well you've done - I know if i've been winning a lot of games what I don't know is how I fair against other players in my league. Something like 3 points for a win and -1 for a loss would work for me. As for the 50/50 win loss ratio - so what. If 20 players all had the same points or thereabouts nearing the end of season 2 just imagine how exciting it would be if your last game was against a near rival - a proper league finale!

A couple of questions

If you are promoted or demoted do you retain your point score from your previous league? I think you do but my memory isn't what it used to be. If this is the case then someone could potentially go into a higher league as a rank 1 player....and the season ended. Hooray! Number one! Again if this is the case I think starting from 0 points if you're promoted would be fine - got to prove your worth and all that. In the case of demotion possibly keeping your points or a fraction of.

Oh, it ended up just being one question. Sorry, getting carried away

A final idea just to try and balance the actual number of games played by different players and apologies in advance for any bad maths here. If you take the player in the league who's played the most games and then multiply everybody else's score by that number divided by their own number of games played. Does this work and/or make sense? Anyhow, rant over, and thank you for your indulgence