Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile-Friendly Forums?
12-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Mobile-Friendly Forums?
Simple question, really: is there a nice, mobile-friendly way to view the forums? I'd love to be more active using my iPhone so I can view replays directly on the device--I'm sure that's how a lot of members are accessing them. Am I missing something obvious?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: Mobile-Friendly Forums?
Hey, I'm actually replying through my Blackberry right now! My main piece of advice is that if you want to watch replays without outwitters you can watch them on the outwitters sport network by pasting in the replay link Smile (wll be first result if you google it)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-25-2012, 07:34 AM
(12-25-2012 07:31 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hey, I'm actually replying through my Blackberry right now! My main piece of advice is that if you want to watch replays without outwitters you can watch them on the outwitters sport network by pasting in the replay link Smile (wll be first result if you google it)

Thanks for the reply! I definitely take advantage of the OSN (because it's pretty sweet, after all) but I long for the forums to be more responsive and fit our mobile devices better. Obviously this isn't the priority as far as dev time goes so I'm hoping you or someone else out there will have a trick to make the forum site more useable on a small screen. Any thoughts?
12-25-2012, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2012 05:03 PM by worldfamous.)
(12-25-2012 07:34 AM)incidesi Wrote:  
(12-25-2012 07:31 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hey, I'm actually replying through my Blackberry right now! My main piece of advice is that if you want to watch replays without outwitters you can watch them on the outwitters sport network by pasting in the replay link Smile (wll be first result if you google it)

Thanks for the reply! I definitely take advantage of the OSN (because it's pretty sweet, after all) but I long for the forums to be more responsive and fit our mobile devices better. Obviously this isn't the priority as far as dev time goes so I'm hoping you or someone else out there will have a trick to make the forum site more useable on a small screen. Any thoughts?

I find it pretty usable. What is it you'd like to see?

What's a blackberry? Is that something from the before times?
12-25-2012, 07:23 PM
In my experience, I tend to prefer the full web page vs. the mobile version. I'm also using an iPhone. The mobile versions always seem limited and more difficult to navigate. Also, I'm pretty sure you can review replays through the Outwitters app itself.

Live your life as more than plastic.
12-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Hehe I thought the blackberry was big around the world, but i guess it was just tge UK! It's a business phone with a mini keyboard instead of 12 buttons or a touch screen. They are losing business though because of a week crash of bbm, their mobile version of msn. It affected lots of UK businesses.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-25-2012, 07:58 PM
(12-25-2012 07:54 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hehe I thought the blackberry was big around the world, but i guess it was just tge UK! It's a business phone with a mini keyboard instead of 12 buttons or a touch screen. They are losing business though because of a week crash of bbm, their mobile version of msn. It affected lots of UK businesses.

Blackberry pie, blackberry jam, mmm, blackberries...

Live your life as more than plastic.