Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demoted for winning was fixed right??
12-23-2012, 03:05 AM
Demoted for winning was fixed right??
I just won another match and I got demoted. I read on the forum that several people had that problem, but I thought it was fixed.

Well, I guess not, as it just happened to me. Pretty frustrating as I won 57 of my 58 matches Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2012 04:34 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Demoted for winning was fixed right??
No. You can still get demoted for winning and this is not a bug. The thing is, you're not really getting demoted "for winning". You're getting demoted due to your overall performance over your recent games. It just happens that you got demoted after a win but really you were in line to get demoted regardless. I know that it is weird though. Why didn't they just demote you after your last loss then? My guess is that you need to have played a certain number of games below or above a certain hidden rating threshold to get demoted or promoted. Probably your rating dipped below the threshold a few games back. Your win wasn't enough to bump you above the threshold and that win marked the number of games necessary where your hidden rating was still below the threshold so you got demoted. Just a guess, but it would explain how you can get demoted after a win or promoted after a loss.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-23-2012, 08:28 AM
mine is not exactly demoted but i just lost twice to a person in 1 game. my opponent was turtling on peekaboo and i didnt want to play it anymore so i gave the game up. so i lost 26 points and went down a few spots but when i went back to my gamelist the game was still on going so i gave it up again and lost 21 points then went down another few spots. Sad

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-23-2012, 12:43 PM
So that would be why I was promoted for losing at 2v2!