Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supertitan threshold
12-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Supertitan threshold
I'm wondering who the highest ranked Masters player is. I can't see leagues, only ranks in the top 200. But I know that my brother, The Rawkhawk, is ranked 60th overall yet is only in Masters League. Doesn't that seem wrong? Perhaps because there are many inactive ST, but still. Thoughts?

Please share if you are high ranked and in Master League.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: Supertitan threshold
In our clan, aaronindayton is 68, I'm at 85, and Emuchu is at 66. Emuchu just became ST, but Aaron and I are still masters. I think a lot of it has to do with quantity. If you get to top 100 and stay there, it is probably just a matter of number of games. For the other leagues, it seems to take about 30 games, so I'd guess 15-20 games after top ~100 you'll be ST.
12-22-2012, 09:48 AM
I know that #59 is a Master!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-22-2012, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 09:55 AM by game_taker.)
I'm #61 and Im in ST, took me over 100 games to break in ST
12-22-2012, 12:33 PM
We should not always consider a Master to be below that of a ST. I think Master and ST are really on equal footing with each other. The difference perhaps is ST are more consistent with their performances. I cannot speak up for other Top 200 players but for myself, I am a very casual player. I fluctuate between ST and Masters because I don't place much emphasis on making right and winning moves. If I make it through I make it through. If I don't make it through, thats fine too. You will find it common for Masters to win ST in league games.
12-22-2012, 12:51 PM
(12-22-2012 12:33 PM)Jacs9 Wrote:  We should not always consider a Master to be below that of a ST. I think Master and ST are really on equal footing with each other. The difference perhaps is ST are more consistent with their performances. I cannot speak up for other Top 200 players but for myself, I am a very casual player. I fluctuate between ST and Masters because I don't place much emphasis on making right and winning moves. If I make it through I make it through. If I don't make it through, thats fine too. You will find it common for Masters to win ST in league games.

Well said! Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-22-2012, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 01:08 PM by GreatGonzales.)
Of course i do not mean to suggest that master league players cannot be as good or better than ST players. But when the 60th ranked player is not in the highest league, I think the league system is failing.
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
(12-22-2012 01:07 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Of course i do not mean to suggest that master league players cannot be as good or better than ST players. But when the 60th ranked player is not in the highest league, I think the league system is failing.

I understand your point now. I think we can let the system adjust itself over time. This is the first top 200 list of the new season. After a few more weeks we should see some adjustments in the form of promotion and demotion. I think its quite similar to most sports league matches. You find that in the first few games, even the middle performance teams or the weakest teams can still be ranked quite high in the league. After several matches then we start to see the difference.
12-22-2012, 01:36 PM
(12-22-2012 01:19 PM)Jacs9 Wrote:  
(12-22-2012 01:07 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Of course i do not mean to suggest that master league players cannot be as good or better than ST players. But when the 60th ranked player is not in the highest league, I think the league system is failing.

I understand your point now. I think we can let the system adjust itself over time. This is the first top 200 list of the new season. After a few more weeks we should see some adjustments in the form of promotion and demotion. I think its quite similar to most sports league matches. You find that in the first few games, even the middle performance teams or the weakest teams can still be ranked quite high in the league. After several matches then we start to see the difference.

The old system was more flawed in the same ways + more. Jacs has a point this system just recently got fixed so it's to early for to say what works and doesn't.

My opinion of the system is that it in the ST league it will tend to keep those who improve the most at the top. In lower leagues I think it will do exactly what it's suppose to though, since those in lower leagues can be promoted. (The goal of this system is so your placement in the division will represent how you compare to others, as oppose to just how often you play, and how you are to going into the next division.) However I do think it will fail, in showing how close you are to a promotion, when you get demoted from a league, as happened to me.
12-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Interestingly, I would like to know how did you all respond to a demotion. Was it a sucky moment for you ? Did you for a moment feel that you really are no longer as skilled as before?