Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladder points crisis averted
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 01:01 PM by onealexleft.)
Ladder points crisis averted
Confused

Fixed the server so no more switching between division and losing points. Oh and your profile shouldn't crash anymore if it was doing so previously. Sorry about that guys!

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Ladder points crisis averted
Thanks alex!

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-19-2012, 01:09 PM
As a quick sidenote:
The point system we're using right now is something i'll be monitoring and getting feedback on. If it's not a disaster league ranking-wise we'll probably keep it for the remainder of season 2. I've got another model I've been noodling on that should provide some interesting changes and properties to the divisions (that ultimately I think would be better), but if things are a-ok then there's no need to fast-track it and I'll just develop it for season 3 Smile

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Alex, can you please confirm that the points debacle did not affect the "true" ranking behind the scenes? Some people are wondering.
12-19-2012, 01:48 PM
(12-19-2012 01:14 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Alex, can you please confirm that the points debacle did not affect the "true" ranking behind the scenes? Some people are wondering.

This is correct. Your ladder points were independent of your skillrating when doing those calculations. If you win a lot, your skill rating most likely went up, etc.

12-19-2012, 02:41 PM
That's great. Thanks Alex!

On a side note, I knew I shouldn't have finished my 'won' games a few hours ago >.< I would have had more points if I had waited! Oh well, time to queue up a bunch more =)
12-20-2012, 04:20 AM
@Szei: It seems that only games created after the server update are affected so don't you worry.

@Alex: Is that intentional that only games created after the update are affected? I won one half an hour ago but instead of the displayed 15 points it brought my ladder points to a total of 3. It also has put me into a new division.

Game Center name is "Harti!".

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]