Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would your special unit be able to do?
02-08-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: What would your special unit be able to do?
Forgive me if these concepts stink, but I tend to have a very cosmetic way of thinking. I only have two possibly usable ideas.

The first is a cowboy esque themed team of puppies. I think it's very cute and dogs alone are diverse, so crafting sprites for the units wouldn't be difficult at all, but I suppose all that is beside the point. I figured their team special would be a miner. You would plant the unit, and he would produce extra Wits each turn. Just how many Wits is debatable, because I wouldn't began to know how to balance such an indirect special.

Concept two is more cliche. A team of apparitions; easily diverse sprite potential (I can already see a soldier design as a ghostly character wearing a hood and holding a scythe). For their special I imagined a unit able to "resurrect" fallen units, perhaps for half the Wit price? I would think it would be unable to resurrect runners, since you can't make them any cheaper without them becoming free. If a unit is to be resurrected, this must take place the turn after its death, and the resurrected unit will be automatically pulled back to the special unit's location, similar to the Mobi.

I planned on drawing one or both of the teams' concept sketches up just for kicks, and maybe I still will.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would your special unit be able to do? - SplinteredReverence - 02-08-2013 08:17 AM