Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would your special unit be able to do?
12-19-2012, 04:14 AM
RE: What would your special unit be able to do?
(12-19-2012 04:09 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Ah yea. I forgot about blocking the opponent's spawn! That would be very annoying to deal with. We could take Necrocat's suggestion though and just make that an illegal move. If we want to be precise though, it's not the same as the bombshell's limitation. The bombshell can't fire on its own spawn, but it can fire on the opponent's. Speaking of that bombshell quirk though, it definitely seems like a bug (or rather, oversight), not an intended feature.

i think the bombshells attack to the spawn space is a bug rather than a restriction.
that being said i think it would be weird for your special to be the only special with a restriction so it would be better to just nerf the stats

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 04:25 AM
I do agree that implementing unintuitive workarounds are undesirable. Nerfing the stats could work, but I think down to 3 health (4 boosted) would be sufficient. A 5 hp block on the spawn is terrible because you can't even spawn a sniper to deal with it. 4 hp is definitely manageable though. Keep in mind that sacrificing your special to block the spawn is expensive and also is something your opponent should actively be trying to prevent. If you do manage to block the spawn, it should be annoying for your opponent because they shouldn't have let you do it in the first place Wink

We'd have to see how easy it is to prevent your opponent from gaining vision of your spawn if that is one of your primary goals.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-19-2012, 06:19 AM
(12-19-2012 02:14 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Special gives a temporary buff to allied units which boosts their next attack by 1 damage, costs 1 wit to give buff to adjacent unit. After next attack of that unit, buff is removed.

What do you all think of this idea? I think this would be a very interesting special!
12-19-2012, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 06:40 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-19-2012 06:19 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 02:14 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Special gives a temporary buff to allied units which boosts their next attack by 1 damage, costs 1 wit to give buff to adjacent unit. After next attack of that unit, buff is removed.

What do you all think of this idea? I think this would be a very interesting special!

i think its an interesting idea but i see it more of a normal unit than a special.
the 1 of each action per turn on outwitters would mean that this special would only be able to buff 1 ally per turn. maybe the buff lasts until you attack to make it worth it? now that im thinking of ways on using it, it definitely seems viable. it could make more patterns for bringing down enemy units. but what happens if you buff an allied bombshell?

it would need balancing cause i can already picture scenarios where its over powered. a soldier army would be unstoppable. veggienauts would probably have a good use against this. (force a buffed unit to attack a thorn)

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-19-2012, 08:05 AM
It would be a great turtle buster. But yes - perhaps overpowered. Bombshell buff is a good question.
12-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Perhaps a "mechanic/engineer" type unit, that does No damage, but could repair a damaged base for a point or two. Also, give it a some binoculars for some sort of Farsight, or ability to see a space or two beyond what the runners can see (6/7 spaces).
12-19-2012, 09:55 AM
The best part about the specials are that they are all very unique and offer very different strategies. I had an idea for a freeze unit. Maybe could move 4 have 1 health and could freeze all adjacent units for one turn. Coming up with a special is the easy part, how it would be balanced is the hard part.

My Team Idea

[Image: sig.png]
12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
A Power Medic that increases the attack power of a unit permanently by 1. (Although that would be a bit OP... imagine a 2v2 where your ally had a bombshell! Big Grin)

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
12-25-2012, 07:29 AM
I've given this a bit more thought:

What about a special that can generate holograms of one or more of your existing units? The holograms would probably still require wits to move but wouldn't give the +1 wit bonus when your opponent "kills" them. I can see this coming in pretty handy for traps and distractions...might be fun for new strategies to arise.
12-25-2012, 02:55 PM
(12-25-2012 07:29 AM)incidesi Wrote:  I've given this a bit more thought:

What about a special that can generate holograms of one or more of your existing units? The holograms would probably still require wits to move but wouldn't give the +1 wit bonus when your opponent "kills" them. I can see this coming in pretty handy for traps and distractions...might be fun for new strategies to arise.

Would need some sort of time limit on them to prevent perma vasion and path blockers.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!